Upgrade options for 1000D

I did say almost the same, not exactly the same... I do know 7D noise control is better, but it's only 1 tiny little bit better. I shot with both, and over ISO 1000 both still gave almost the same amount of noise. A check with:

Canon 1000D vs 7D

confirms my suspicion. It's only 0.2 stops apart...

snapsort will be the last of the last site, i will ever read for reviews.

i trust dpreview and the digital picture better.

i wonder if anybody can provide ISO 3200 samples from both cam?

I did say almost the same, not exactly the same... I do know 7D noise control is better, but it's only 1 tiny little bit better. I shot with both, and over ISO 1000 both still gave almost the same amount of noise. A check with:

Canon 1000D vs 7D

confirms my suspicion. It's only 0.2 stops apart...

Like I say... Totally wrong.

Look at this Canon EOS 60D Review: 18. Compared to (JPEG High ISO): Digital Photography Review, yes it is a review for 60D, however there is a widget that let you select the different camera you would like to compare.

At ISO800, even with a much higher resolution, the 7D produce a cleaner pic, especially at the darker area (this is so prominent). And Canon 1000D only operate with an ISO up to 1600 and thats it. 7D goes much higher.

I shoot alot of time with ISO3200 and still get perfectly alright photos to show the tale.... ytour claim that 7D noise control is only a tiny bit better? No... not true at all.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-7D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Review.aspx (another look here... yes, the 1000D is not in this review of high ISO, but other canon models are there and at ISO 1600 you can see that 7D still produce cleaner images.

Last edited:
agree that images at ISO 3200 from the 7D is still useable, especially after some pp to clean up the noise.

thanks for providing interesting insight on 7D regarding the noise control and stuff
appreciate it very much