Underwater Camera and Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BEE_

Apr 1, 2004
I am a diver and I am really interested to take some underwater photos. Just wondering which are the the cameras and housing I can start with? And will the pictures turn out well?

Any advice/tips would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

_BEE_ said:
I am a diver and I am really interested to take some underwater photos. Just wondering which are the the cameras and housing I can start with? And will the pictures turn out well?

Thank you.

Try this site, it might explain much of your enquires.
About the picture turning out well or not, its all bottoms down to your experience. I had seen perfect pictures taken with mid range camera from A70 to S50, C5050 etc, after PS editing that is. If the water is perfectly clear and and sun is bright, wide angles pictures need no strobe to produce astonishing pictures when you are above 7m.....

_BEE_ said:

Thank you.
Assuming that you presently don't own a digital camera which has a manufacturer's housing available, the canon A75 is a good starter camera. The other very popular choice is the oly 5050.

Some features which are v useful for an underwater camera are: 1. some manual controls, 2. manual white balance, 3. LONG battery life, 4. ability to add on accessories such as macro lenses.

Have a slow read of the "who are divers" thread as well as check out the photos which have been shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.