Top few things to get after a DSLR

but some said that dry box is not that good??
dry box is obviously cheaper tgt with the gel. what do ye think?

Hmm dry box is obviously not that good compared to cabinet as it requires replacement for the gel in the box and a cabinet no need. That's why..

Skip the box just get the dry cabinet. Saves you the trouble of having to check the humidity level and change gel especially if you use the camera frequently. And you can take your time to take out/put back your equipment without worrying about the humidity getting into the cabinet since the cabinet will take care of the humidity level by itself.

Thank you guys for putting up more and more info and knowledge here on this thread. I shall NOT close this thread and allow more people to view and learn and at the same time people, please put up more stuff here to share around.

Regards.

For me the things to buy after purchasing ur 1st dSLR are:

1) camera bag
2) dry cabinet/box
3) tripod
4) flash
5) photo editng software
6) at least 1TB of external hhd/ a few dvdr discs (to save all the pictures u took)

Hey there peeps! Hmm I wanna know what are the few top and important things/stuff/accessories to get after getting a DSLR body. I know some, maybe you guys could help me with what I have missed out.

-Lens pen/cleaning kit
-Dry box/cabinet
-Filters?

a general-purpose lens and a camera bag

btw,

as for the dry cabinet, is it better to get the digital one? so that i do not have to change the settings here and there. in another words, i just have to set the humidity level and thats it, i can just leave it there.
any recommendations??
and one more thing, do u guys get your dry cabinet from stores like carrefour, major camera shops or from the mass sales? like reddotphoto?

btw,

as for the dry cabinet, is it better to get the digital one? so that i do not have to change the settings here and there. in another words, i just have to set the humidity level and thats it, i can just leave it there.
any recommendations??
and one more thing, do u guys get your dry cabinet from stores like carrefour, major camera shops or from the mass sales? like reddotphoto?

Digital as compared to analogue? Neither requires you to keep changing settings, they just mean a difference in the way the humidity level is displayed (e.g digital vs analogue watch).

Some shops provide home delivery, which can be a blessing if you take public transport. You can ask around. My friend bought from carrefour, he added in some other groceries stuff to meet the amount for home delivery.

btw,

any recommendations??

I got mine from reddotphoto. Order just took less than 2 days to process and deliver. I gotten the analogue one. It just took about a day for the humidity to stabilise between 40-45 deg.