Took the bus recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a case of "I don't want to do the dirty job but I assume that there will always be people who will do it", isn't it? How many of your classmates and friends actually envision becoming a bus driver? or even a kopitiam tau chiu?

Ahem.. If they can speak good English and are as well educated as you, do you think they will want to leave their loved ones and come all the way to Singapore and work in a kopitiam?? It's time to grow up and stop being a xenophobe.. Embrace globalisation! :)

ahem. then i ask u. singapore ite students learning service and hospitality or cooking now work as wad ar?

=.=

its not tat i dun do dirty job i assume someone does it. i'm seriously curious abt ur age.

its someone has to do it huh. u realised we only hire foreigners cause they accept lower pay? like ur coffeeshop tau chiu a lot malaysians. malaysians i still ok, at least they can converse in english to a certain degree. and they are paid half the price compared to singaporeans. on the other hand getting prcs to singapore isnt helping much huh, they cant communicate and wad?

most road sweepers are our darker skinned friends. and i'm ok with them. they are hard working and they have a good attitude.

most of our prc friends engage in the fnb, where service attitude is important. and they dun have, plus they cant converse properly.

i dunno abt u. but i am not pro foreign talent policy. tats for sure. cause so far, the talents i see all end up as ur coffeshop ppl. and most of them are prcs. take it as i'm biased. but i do feel a difference in attitude, comparing blangalas, malaysians vs prc. and prc is last of the list.

most of our prc friends engage in the fnb, where service attitude is important. and they dun have, plus they cant converse properly.

i dunno abt u. but i am not pro foreign talent policy. tats for sure. cause so far, the talents i see all end up as ur coffeshop ppl. and most of them are prcs. take it as i'm biased. but i do feel a difference in attitude, comparing blangalas, malaysians vs prc. and prc is last of the list.

generally, the malaysians are okay cause i feel that those working in sg long enough, has integrated well into the society and in fact behave in a more singaporean way.
but i cannot say the same for most of prc ppl, as in they don't embrace the concept of "when in rome, do as romans do".

for example, a china female colleague of mine, who is unfortunately sitting beside me...has a particular attitude problem is like she always want to win an argument for god's sake to a point that all the engineers in her section hated her.
after being in sg for 2 years...seems like too some extent she is self-centered to a point that she can't adapt to the singaporean culture.
i really got salute her guts when she can tell her boss directly in the face that she doesn't wanna do OT.

is my first time working with a prc but seems like is been a bad experience so far...

Last edited:
prc as a big country is still a developing society, and people are thinks that they are a fully develop country hence tends to might feel arrogant and little proud for those who are able to make their way here for work.

for me i dont find any prc workers fit into any of our service sector. ever since our standard has dropped tremendously over the years.

but i think prc or other citizen who are here for a job please do respect how the way Singapore works. dont ever create your own style, because it is an Uniquely Singapore.....

most important. please dress up properly, for ladies please for the freaking sake shave your arm pit hairs, it looks dam unhygiene........

ahem. then i ask u. singapore ite students learning service and hospitality or cooking now work as wad ar?

=.=

its not tat i dun do dirty job i assume someone does it. i'm seriously curious abt ur age.

its someone has to do it huh. u realised we only hire foreigners cause they accept lower pay? like ur coffeeshop tau chiu a lot malaysians. malaysians i still ok, at least they can converse in english to a certain degree. and they are paid half the price compared to singaporeans. on the other hand getting prcs to singapore isnt helping much huh, they cant communicate and wad?

most road sweepers are our darker skinned friends. and i'm ok with them. they are hard working and they have a good attitude.

Young boy, how many of your friends in SHATEC or ITE aspire to be pao kopi when they graduate? Yes, we can employ M'sians. But are you willing to bear the expenses? Look at how much people complain when prices go up. Are you one of them? Or you don't really care coz your dad will pick up the tab?

For you info, I'm not pro-foreign talent. I'm pro-meritocracy, the very policy that brought our country the growth and prosperity that we are enjoying today. You know why you only see foreigners working in coffeeshops? That's because you haven't even stepped out to the real world yet.

Stop feeling superior than them simply by your country of birth and your ability to speak English. Oh yes! By the way, they are called Bangladeshis. Maybe you can learn how to respect them first by refraining from using derogatory terms on them.

Only Singaporeans are allowed to drive a taxis in SG. I guess it's part of tourism act? :dunno:

Sorry, already encountered many Chinese nationals driving Transcab taxis.

I think they are already Singaporeans coz you need to be one to get a taxi licence.

ya, that's what i confirmed recently with a comfort cab driver while chatting about prc bus drivers.
think PR also cannot have the license, must be citizen.

Last edited:
, for ladies please for the freaking sake shave your arm pit hairs, it looks dam unhygiene........

:bsmilie::bsmilie: really? Let me pay attention more to their arm pit :bigeyes:

ya, that's what i confirmed recently with a comfort cab driver while chatting about prc bus drivers.
think PR also cannot have the license, must be citizen.

About a year ago I took a cab (rarely take cab, but carrying lots of stuff) and the taxi driver was an old local. Told me he is only driving to pass time, and that there were hundreds of taxis languishing in the depot because young locals (or as he termed it: "the ah bengs and ah mengs") refused to drive taxis.
Maybe they've relaxed the rules for foreigners to work in this field?

About a year ago I took a cab (rarely take cab, but carrying lots of stuff) and the taxi driver was an old local. Told me he is only driving to pass time, and that there were hundreds of taxis languishing in the depot because young locals (or as he termed it: "the ah bengs and ah mengs") refused to drive taxis.
Maybe they've relaxed the rules for foreigners to work in this field?

Nope they haven't.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: really? Let me pay attention more to their arm pit :bigeyes:

yes....

not say i maniac to see lady arm pit la, but often when i saw pretty girls who dress very nice but when they start to raise their arm....ohhhh gosh, thick black hairs sticking out..........

dam disgusting.

i think the idea is that they aren't supposed to pick up or let passengers disembark when they are in yellow box.

you should know what the traffic rules are.

i guess the guy just can't think outside the box.. but in the first place, he shouldn't be in the yellow box. but then again, in singapore, no one gives a damn about yellow box unless there is mata around.

i think the yellow box is the bus stop yellow box, not the yellow box with cross inside...

Yes, its the bus-stop yellow box, not the crossed yellow box for vehicle exit :sweat:

:bsmilie:

xiao ming in primary 1:

"my life ambition is to pao kopi" :dunno:

No, must upgrade to:

"my life ambition is to be barista"

i was actually thinking of being a hawker

if you do it well, you can easily earn more than the educated people in the office

another prc bashing thread! :bigeyes: :nono:
You can always wirte to support.. nobody is stopping you, everybody can have their say. What I wrote at the begining of this thread was an actual event.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.