Tomb Raiders: Angkor CNY 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaywalk said:
Nisa:kok: Still dare to say, quekky told us you went to watch movie while we were having the meeting! :sticktong

Trust me it was not a pleasent experience!
with a horrible internet system, the computer failing ?
i wish i went to the meeting and postpone the show.
But it's with my baby sister and my young cousins..... :dunno:

so what did we plan? :think:

and i am going to restrict my lens bringing :sticktong

Nisa said:
But it's with my baby sister and my young cousins.....

HOR!!! SO IT'S TRUE!!!

Just kidding about the lenses lah. Actually quekky beo-ing my 18-35mm. Don't worry :sticktong . Don't bring the right lenses har, then cannot take your once-in-a-lifetime Tomb Raider shot har, you will regret it you know? :nono:

I am still in the process of banging out the meeting minutes and stuff to send to you all. ;p

kaywalk said:
HOR!!! SO IT'S TRUE!!!

Just kidding about the lenses lah. Actually quekky beo-ing my 18-35mm. Don't worry :sticktong . Don't bring the right lenses har, then cannot take your once-in-a-lifetime Tomb Raider shot har, you will regret it you know? :nono:

I am still in the process of banging out the meeting minutes and stuff to send to you all. ;p

never deny it ah! :p

i don't mind sharing my lenses. not worried.... just don't want to bring so many !
VERY HEAVY!!!! wa piang make me super kiasu now!
BTW still got clothes need to bring leh!
then got tripod leh!!! then plus come back with shopping leh....
later overweight how? I am sure we can go again right?

okie slowly process.... just so i got enough time to prepare.... like which shoes to bring, or which sundress to bring.... :D

Nisa said:
But it's with my baby sister and my young cousins..... :dunno:

understandable, u need time for ur family, esp ur younger sis. btw, how's the show? worth it to watch?

plan ah, see if can get cheaper flights loh... else meet there individually ;p

Nisa said:
never deny it ah! :p

i don't mind sharing my lenses. not worried.... just don't want to bring so many !
VERY HEAVY!!!! wa piang make me super kiasu now!
BTW still got clothes need to bring leh!
then got tripod leh!!! then plus come back with shopping leh....
later overweight how? I am sure we can go again right?

okie slowly process.... just so i got enough time to prepare.... like which shoes to bring, or which sundress to bring.... :D
shopping? we not going bkk u knoe :blah:

quekky said:
understandable, u need time for ur family, esp ur younger sis. btw, how's the show? worth it to watch?

plan ah, see if can get cheaper flights loh... else meet there individually ;p

not too bad.... but.... maybe the bad experiences before the show spoilt it for me.

Call up travel agency and see what they can offer?
quekky said:
shopping? we not going bkk u knoe :blah:

hahah you know i can shop anywhere, anyway, and anytime!

Heh, my attention was diverted for a few hours by the photo of a certain HK actor. ;p

No lah, I was typing the meeting minutes and stuff. I've sent it out. :) EVERYBODY MUST READ. Time is of the essence. Anything important, anything you disagree with or don't get, please call me on my mobile phone.

Nisa said:
not too bad.... but.... maybe the bad experiences before the show spoilt it for me.
Life's like that. Chill. :)

Nisa said:
Call up travel agency and see what they can offer?
You'll get an idea of our plan once you've read the minutes (that can take hours, haha). Feel free to assist quekky in any way.

Nisa said:
hahah you know i can shop anywhere, anyway, and anytime!
That sounds like quite an exquisite talent. Guess we should call you Shopping Beauty instead? ;)

kaywalk said:
Heh, my attention was diverted for a few hours by the photo of a certain HK actor. ;p
No lah, I was typing the meeting minutes and stuff. I've sent it out. :) EVERYBODY MUST READ. Time is of the essence. Anything important, anything you disagree with or don't get, please call me on my mobile phone.
Life's like that. Chill. :)
You'll get an idea of our plan once you've read the minutes (that can take hours, haha). Feel free to assist quekky in any way.
That sounds like quite an exquisite talent. Guess we should call you Shopping Beauty instead? ;)

Which hk actor?

orrr i will take time to read it.
But i am easily to please....as long as i get my way....
Definitely going to put that incident behind me after i write my formal complaint in.
okie...

ERrr more like greedy pig! ;)

Nisa said:
Which hk actor?
Don't tell you. My Achilles heel. :sticktong

Nisa said:
But i am easily to please....as long as i get my way....
For this trip, you can get your way all the time...as long as it's my way...:devil:

kaywalk said:
Don't tell you. My Achilles heel. :sticktong

For this trip, you can get your way all the time...as long as it's my way...:devil:

it's okay... i don't know most of them anyway.

hahaha i am sure we can compromise some how...

I am not worried about the shopping... i am just wondering... do we do it backpack? or can we bring those tourist trolley with wheels thingie...:devil:

Nisa said:
hahaha i am sure we can compromise some how...
Hehehe. Your statement very dynamite mah, so I also want to make that kind of statement. :bsmilie:

Nisa said:
I am not worried about the shopping... i am just wondering... do we do it backpack? or can we bring those tourist trolley with wheels thingie...:devil:
The type of luggage is an issue primarily when we are carrying it. The roads and pavements of Cambodia reportedly aren't very nice for trolley bags. Having said that, with direct flights and only one (at most two) different lodgings and car transport in between, trolley bags might not be a drag (oh yesh, I am born to be corny ;p ). The only missing link is carrying them up flights of stairs, and that's where your buddy quekky comes in. See how perfect the plan is? :devil:

For day tripping, rucksacks or any other bag that does not touch the ground are still recommended.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or injuries caused by any luggage decision you take.

OK, more heavy metal in your mailboxes.

kaywalk said:
Hehehe. Your statement very dynamite mah, so I also want to make that kind of statement. :bsmilie:

The type of luggage is an issue primarily when we are carrying it. The roads and pavements of Cambodia reportedly aren't very nice for trolley bags. Having said that, with direct flights and only one (at most two) different lodgings and car transport in between, trolley bags might not be a drag (oh yesh, I am born to be corny ;p ). The only missing link is carrying them up flights of stairs, and that's where your buddy quekky comes in. See how perfect the plan is? :devil:

For day tripping, rucksacks or any other bag that does not touch the ground are still recommended.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or injuries caused by any luggage decision you take.

OK, more heavy metal in your mailboxes.
I am quite easy going to some extent.
hmmm okie i will carry my samsonite there then :p
then day tripping? hmm i tot we got a porter for that?

Nisa said:
hmmm okie i will carry my samsonite there then :p
then day tripping? hmm i tot we got a porter for that?
Oh ya, sometimes going down flights of stairs is harder than going up, I mean w.r.t. preserving the integrity of your luggage contents ;) , but the airline will mash it up anyway, so just pack defensively. :bsmilie:

And be nice to quekky.

Wei wei :nono: , in the end people still only got two hands and one neck, what you want? Anyway, he hasn't agreed to be the porter yet. Hee.

Just got this from the jetstarasia newsletter:

"Starting 15 December, Jetstar Asia flies to the city of Phnom Penh on the mighty Mekong, and from 16 December, to the ancient city of Siem Reap, home of the magnificent Angkor Wat. Now, you can discover the Kingdom of Cambodia from only $128! Simply book by 27 November 2005 and travel by 25 March 2006."

:) Thought it might be useful.

skinnylatte said:

"Starting 15 December, Jetstar Asia flies to the city of Phnom Penh on the mighty Mekong, and from 16 December, to the ancient city of Siem Reap, home of the magnificent Angkor Wat. Now, you can discover the Kingdom of Cambodia from only $128! Simply book by 27 November 2005 and travel by 25 March 2006."

Thanks for the info, skinnylatte. I couldn't sleep after I read it, hee. In fact, my heartfelt thanks to all of you who sent me this precious piece of information! Thank you for thinking of us! :lovegrin:

Tomb Raiders, hurry on home and get out your passport details! As I wrote in the e-mail, my phone line is open 24 hours today. And into the wee hours, too, btw.

skinnylatte said:

The total fees round up to $331 excluding the airport service tax of USD25 at Siam Reap's airport. It's almost similar to Silkair's fee during promotion period last month. Not really that budget afterall leh I feel. I paid S$430 including 3 nights of accommodation in a "4* hotel".

Think the road via BKK route is cheaper and get to see more things. Up for you guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Xing said:
The total fees round up to $331 excluding the airport service tax of USD25 at Siam Reap's airport. It's almost similar to Silkair's fee during promotion period last month. Not really that budget afterall leh I feel. I paid S$430 including 3 nights of accommodation in a "4* hotel".

Think the road via BKK route is cheaper and get to see more things. Up for you guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, but kar chng pain leh. My butt still aches when I think about it.. haha. But fun.

Kaywalk, my ditching the group for thailand has just been upgraded.. :) probably going to bhutan instead. What did I say about the continual search for "how the hell did i get there" places?

skinnylatte said:
Yes, but kar chng pain leh. My butt still aches when I think about it.. haha. But fun.
Some people in our group got precious butts, you know. :bsmilie: Btw, I've got eight butts to bring to Siem Reap and back; it's not just about money or time or any other one dimension.

skinnylatte said:
Kaywalk, my ditching the group for thailand has just been upgraded.. :) probably going to bhutan instead. What did I say about the continual search for "how the hell did i get there" places?
Hey girl, go go go! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's in your blood... You know I speak the truth... Do not deny your destiny...

I am pleased to announce the arrival of Agent 008 to the fold. She is limkopi and she...er...drinks coffee.

So here we are...

<<The Eight Immortals Crossing the Sea>>

kaywalk - the tortoise
Unsa - the Gabra Queen :confused: (You wanna check your name again?)
limkopi - the substance abuser (caffeine, hehe)
Damien - Mr Garang ("Leave not approved? I QUIT!") :thumbsup:
quekky - the hot stuff :cool: (roommate hopefuls queue long dragon)
chaotic - Mr Nice Guy (Thanks for the speedy repayment. Now I can go buy some bread. :~)
Eugene - the combat medic :sweat: (We're ready for war!)
shenghuat - Tenzing Norgay Sherpa (well, somebody's STILL got to carry all that equipment :sweatsm: )

Not that anyone cares, but I wanted to set the record straight about our lineup. Heehee.

kaywalk said:
I am pleased to announce the arrival of Agent 008 to the fold. She is limkopi and she...er...drinks coffee.

So here we are...

<<The Eight Immortals Crossing the Sea>>

kaywalk - the tortoise
Unsa - the Gabra Queen :confused: (You wanna check your name again?)
limkopi - the substance abuser (caffeine, hehe)
Damien - Mr Garang ("Leave not approved? I QUIT!") :thumbsup:
quekky - the hot stuff :cool: (roommate hopefuls queue long dragon)
chaotic - Mr Nice Guy (Thanks for the speedy repayment. Now I can go buy some bread. :~)
Eugene - the combat medic :sweat: (We're ready for war!)
shenghuat - Tenzing Norgay Sherpa (well, somebody's STILL got to carry all that equipment )

Not that anyone cares, but I wanted to set the record straight about our lineup. Heehee.

:bsmilie: Your line-up looks really interesting......have a great trip folks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.