Tokyo for kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

since63

Nov 18, 2005
Hi, We'll be travelling to Tokyo in either mid June or early July with our four years old daughter. Any places of interest (besides Disneyland) or activities that's good for her? Thanks.

Disneyland, Disneysea, Disneyland, Disneysea. Good enough for 4 year old.

Can also try Tsukiji market, and visit neighbouring Hakone - lots of whimsical little museums (eg Little Prince, outdoor sculptures etc).

There's also Tobu World Square near Kinugawa (Nikko) which has many miniature models of famous buildings around the world. Worth a day trip, definitely.

Will be quite hot in June or July though.

StreetShooter said:
Disneyland, Disneysea, Disneyland, Disneysea. Good enough for 4 year old.

Can also try Tsukiji market, and visit neighbouring Hakone - lots of whimsical little museums (eg Little Prince, outdoor sculptures etc).

There's also Tobu World Square near Kinugawa (Nikko) which has many miniature models of famous buildings around the world. Worth a day trip, definitely.

Will be quite hot in June or July though.

It had to be that period as we are doing a stopover on our way to the USA. Thanks for your suggestions.

Nekobukuro, located on the eighth floor of Tokyu Hands' Ikebukuro branch, is a place with cats that are fed and taken care of while they roam about

nekobukuro5.jpg

jsbn said:
Stopover? How long?

Will stopover for around 3 to 5 days. The lenght will depends on the itinery. Thks.

LazerLordz said:
Nekobukuro, located on the eighth floor of Tokyu Hands' Ikebukuro branch, is a place with cats that are fed and taken care of while they roam about

nekobukuro5.jpg

Have been there many many years ago. Will try to swing by again, as he likes animal and its aways nice to visit the Tokyu Hands too. Thks.

since63 said:
Will stopover for around 3 to 5 days. The lenght will depends on the itinery. Thks.
3 to 5 days...

Maybe u can pop by Fuji 5 Lakes and stay for a day or 2?
Its always good to stay in touch with nature. :)

jsbn said:
3 to 5 days...

Maybe u can pop by Fuji 5 Lakes and stay for a day or 2?
Its always good to stay in touch with nature. :)

Have thought of that and we would like to stay in a Ryokan too. So your suggestion may tie along with the ryokan stay.

Have also thought of staying in the ryokan in the city but dun think they will be as good as those in the outskirt! Thks.

there is hello kitty world too? and some pretty cool toy shops in ginza....buten dun bring the kids there unless u wanna get them sth...haha

Erm... Ginza? :think:

Ok, how abt Tsukiji Fish Market located somewhere there?

Witness said:
there is hello kitty world too? and some pretty cool toy shops in ginza....buten dun bring the kids there unless u wanna get them sth...haha

yah...I know what you mean but when we are out window shopping, she's pretty ok ...though she would occasionally drop hints like "next time you buy for me" or "to buy it for her baby brother" etc.

jsbn said:
Erm... Ginza? :think:

Ok, how abt Tsukiji Fish Market located somewhere there?

She like looking at the fresh produce (especially seafood) in the wet market and we have planned to go there but she's not one that wake up early...so we shall see!

Hmm.... I dun think u can see and take photos of the tuna auctions and stuff like dat anymore.

But if u do, I guess nothing would irk them where flashes and touchy-touchy are concerned. ISO1600, long lens, a steady hand and discretion might just earn the keeper shots while not annoying the fishermen.

jsbn said:
Hmm.... I dun think u can see and take photos of the tuna auctions and stuff like dat anymore.

But if u do, I guess nothing would irk them where flashes and touchy-touchy are concerned. ISO1600, long lens, a steady hand and discretion might just earn the keeper shots while not annoying the fishermen.

We have been travelling with my little gal since she was 11mths old. The haversack that we go jalan jalan with, contain mostly her things and one pns camera plus a digicam (if its not too full)! So I dun think we'll be a distraction to the auctioneer and his bidders.

Will bring along a tube of wasabi to go with the maguro and whatever that didn't swim away! yum yum... : )

Status
Not open for further replies.