Tit for tat SIN-JB entry fee

This a just a classic example why you cannot invest in JB properties........ They change laws like our weather.... next $100 levy then what? Buy property can only sell to bumi?

WE HAVE A WINNER HERE !!!

Just saw this thread, I have nothing to say and only one image to share.

Incidentally I can't blame the guy for ranting, I was like him too until I escaped Singapore and its constant :complain: environment.

$asignofintelligence.jpg

Singaporean and PR cannot drive Malaysian car in Singapore, if that is something you are thinking. Cheapest way is to park over in JB and take a bus to and fro to Sg.

Can get a MY driver to drive the MY car, and u be the passenger... :)

Don't say no one teach one hor

Msia car so cheap that those msian work here, can get car n drive into sg easily. While local go in to spend, still complain we congested their roads. Without us, jb a ghost town liao. Really can't understand why must copy us.

Now all those who drive in to pump only, have to re-calculate again :what:

Although I would need to pay more to drive in, I personally think this is good for Singapore.

Just saw this thread, I have nothing to say and only one image to share.

Incidentally I can't blame the guy for ranting, I was like him too until I escaped Singapore and its constant :complain: environment.

View attachment 3627

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...stered-vehicles-and-cars-and-motorcycles.html

Already covered:

"You are not allowed to use or keep any foreign-registered vehicles in Singapore if you are a:

- Singapore Citizen
- Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)
- Resident of Singapore
- Long Term Visit Pass Holder or Dependant Pass Holder
- Work Pass Holder who is also a resident of Singapore
- Student Pass Holder
- Training Employment Pass or Work Holiday Pass"

Anyway, it seems that guy already deleted his posting.

Last edited:
I have to teach you this first:

Marry A Malaysian woman who owns a Malaysian car and she'll be your free driver for life. :)

Whatever way that keep yr boat afloat, bro!

Later jb business drops, don't blame us. Cause those used to driving, hard for them to take public transport in to shop. They drive in also for cheaper petrol n shop Otw. Now with that charges, they might not want to go in so often liao.

As long as the Malaysia side charge the same amount of levy as Singapore side charge that is wise and reasonable.

So if any Singapore motorists not happy with the increase in levy then you have to blame SG gahment. At the same time, JB gahment
got extra levy incomes....why not !

After some time down the road, if SIN/JB causeway get congested and gahment bua-song then make another levy adjustment lor.

It is win-win situation for our neighbor...

Msia car so cheap that those msian work here, can get car n drive into sg easily. While local go in to spend, still complain we congested their roads. Without us, jb a ghost town liao. Really can't understand why must copy us.

The Johor government is both stupid and egoistic. Malaysian come here to earn money so if have to pay higher levy it is still fair. Singaporeans go there to spend money so if still penalized then not fair. All Singaporeans have to do is organize a boycott JB campaign if the fee is implemented. Within one month all the JB businesses will kpkb and then the Johor government will beg the Federal Government to quickly abolish the fees. QED.

Jb businesses may die, but at least there will be no jams going in. Im all for VEP RM 100.

This a just a classic example why you cannot invest in JB properties. They change laws like our weather. Haha. Suddenly Sunday is a working day,, next $100 levy then what? Buy property can only sell to bumi?
You mean like the cooling measures we are having?

well, it could be a blessing in disguise for those who bought properties and staying in bungalow there.
Granted that they would to hv extra expenses, BUT it would also means that there would be less congestion at the checkpt.
All good things come with a price. I don't mind paying that price for a smoother travel in and out. LOL

Exactly.The jam is unbearable at times. Time to weed out the casual travellers.

As long as the Malaysia side charge the same amount of levy as Singapore side charge that is wise and reasonable.

If the Malaysian charge the same ($35) it would be about RM90. Our Singapore govt would be very happy because this would cause the Iskandar Project to fail and Singapore will lose less foreign exchange through JB spending. I will also be quite happy as I be able to drive in and out of Johor without any jam once in a blue moon.

But alas, they are only thinking of RM50.
http://news.asiaone.com/news/ride/johor-agreeable-levy-proposal-singapore-cars-malaysia

It is win-win situation for our neighbor...

It is a win-win for the Singapore govt and a lose-lose situation for Johor, lose business or lose face. Singapore govt get more money and lose less foreign exchange. Singapore might even be encouraged to raise the $35 to $45.

Last edited:
Jb businesses may die, but at least there will be no jams going in. Im all for VEP RM 100.

I am all for RM100 too. 😀

When you sees those old cars from msia down at our road, you wondering why they can own a car that over 10 years n w/o much increase in tax. While down here, 10 over years, pay till you crazy. Prevent them from coming also good, if not we got heavy jam, we pay the price for it, not them.