Thom Hogan Uses a D70i from LifePixel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, saw that... US$250 plus return shipping, or you can just order the replacement filter and IR filter and DIY.

gooseberry said:
Yeah, saw that... US$250 plus return shipping, or you can just order the replacement filter and IR filter and DIY.
Actually, I now have one of their filters on hand, came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I'm curious about how its images will compare with the R72 that I've currently got in my D70.

It's physically thinner than the R72, just about the thickness of the original AA/IRC filter stack.

Cheers,

Matt

deadpixel said:
Actually, I now have one of their filters on hand, came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I'm curious about how its images will compare with the R72 that I've currently got in my D70.

It's physically thinner than the R72, just about the thickness of the original AA/IRC filter stack.

Cheers,

Matt

Yeah, I'm quite interested too. Saw their sample pics, look quite good. The response graph for their custom filter looks quite good - no transmission at all until around 700nm, with transmission only reaching 70% at 725nm. Wonder how coloured IR will turn out compared to R72, seems their coloured IR has bluer tones in the buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.