Think Tank Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoakm, how do the backpack straps on the Airport Acceleration compare to the R-103 in terms of comfort (with both bags loaded with the same set of photo gear)? I have had my R-103 for a few years now & I am very satisfied with its comfortable straps & backside padding (even fully loaded...weighing about 10kg), but sometimes I wish it had more pockets for accessories. The problem is I haven't found any other photo backpack that's as comfortable as the R-103. Although I rarely use bacpack when taking photos in town & I am not really looking to buy one soon, I'm researching for an alternative one for future considerations.

I think it will be best if you can come down for the TT meet up. You may be able to try out the backpack and find out how comfortable it is yourself ;)

21st September 2007, Friday 730pm Funan McDonalds sound ok? Open to suggestions.

Me on. Let's make it on this date. I will start the list. Those who interested in TT bags or wish to share their exprience on TT bag are welcome.

Attendence
1) phoakm
2) socksiong
3) Randius
4) Madmacs

BTW, is there anyone who have Modulur Systems, I would like to see it. ;p
Socksiong, bring your rotation 360.

Phoakm, how do the backpack straps on the Airport Acceleration compare to the R-103 in terms of comfort (with both bags loaded with the same set of photo gear)? I have had my R-103 for a few years now & I am very satisfied with its comfortable straps & backside padding (even fully loaded...weighing about 10kg), but sometimes I wish it had more pockets for accessories. The problem is I haven't found any other photo backpack that's as comfortable as the R-103. Although I rarely use bacpack when taking photos in town & I am not really looking to buy one soon, I'm researching for an alternative one for future considerations.

I think it will be best if you can come down for the TT meet up. You may be able to try out the backpack and find out how comfortable it is yourself ;)

Agreed with Randius, you should see the bag personally before making considerations.
The straps & backside padding are comforable even under certain weight. The material is some what similar to the ones in Lowepro.
Maybe, Airport Acceleration may look bluky to you...you can opt for Airport Addicted. ;)

1374588027_7390ef9b50_b.jpg

I think there're quite a few Think Tank users in Singapore, no longer that rare liaoz.

I'm using the Glass Taxi to house my 300mm.

It's available for sale in MBK, Thailand, so should be quite easily available.

My view on Think Tank products is to buy them for the design, materials-wise they are no better than the newer Lowepros.

1374588027_7390ef9b50_b.jpg

I think there're quite a few Think Tank users in Singapore, no longer that rare liaoz.

I'm using the Glass Taxi to house my 300mm.

It's available for sale in MBK, Thailand, so should be quite easily available.

My view on Think Tank products is to buy them for the design, materials-wise they are no better than the newer Lowepros.

Saw the configuration of the Glass Taxi before. It can house the body with 70-200mm and some lens beside 300mm with body attached. Quite handy for daily travel.

phoakm, Didn't expect the shoulder straps of the Airport Acceleration to be so well padded since the straps can be stored in its compartment. The removable waist strap is definitely a plus :thumbsup: But how do you keep the waist strap?

Saw the configuration of the Glass Taxi before. It can house the body with 70-200mm and some lens beside 300mm with body attached. Quite handy for daily travel.

Yes, there are longer dividers to house a body w/70-200mm or similar lenses attached, but no point getting this bag to house smaller lenses as there are other bags which can do the job.

The bag does make carrying long lenses less of a pain and it is rather inconspicious. Supposedly it can also hold 400 2.8 or 500 4.0 lenses, which are upgrade possibilities.

phoakm, Didn't expect the shoulder straps of the Airport Acceleration to be so well padded since the straps can be stored in its compartment. The removable waist strap is definitely a plus :thumbsup: But how do you keep the waist strap?

The waist strap is not removable, but it can be stored in the compartment together with the shoulder straps.:)

The waist strap is not removable, but it can be stored in the compartment together with the shoulder straps.:)

eh? It was stated on their website that "waistbelt is removable via a metal buckle located on the pad."

Me on. Let's make it on this date. I will start the list. Those who interested in TT bags or wish to share their exprience on TT bag are welcome.

Attendence
1) phoakm
2) socksiong
3) Randius
4) Madmacs

BTW, is there anyone who have Modulur Systems, I would like to see it. ;p
Socksiong, bring your rotation 360.

i will bring my 6pc..or the most of it at least ;p

Why so cute one, weekday then meet. Weekday working day la. Wasted...

Agreed with Randius, you should see the bag personally before making considerations.
The straps & backside padding are comforable even under certain weight. The material is some what similar to the ones in Lowepro.
Maybe, Airport Acceleration may look bluky to you...you can opt for Airport Addicted. ;)

I appreciate your offer. I will try to meet you on that day & see the bag if I can (still tentative). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.