The Unicorn has Finally Appeared - Pentax Announces its FF camera at CP+

i think since wait for so many years liao, no harm to wait for 1 more until it is formally launched and available in stores. this kind of overseas pre-order very risky.

if kena scammed, encounter supply or logistics problems also LPPL, cannot do anything. :sweat:

order from SG distri after formal announcement on availability is one thing - very high certainty that u will get a unit from the first shipment.

this one is more like 买希望, 等失望。(i.e. buy hope, wait for disappointment)

What a strange arrangement. Asked for 2000 Euro and the name of the camera is not even decided yet. :confused:

i think since wait for so many years liao, no harm to wait for 1 more until it is formally launched and available in stores. this kind of overseas pre-order very risky.

if kena scammed, encounter supply or logistics problems also LPPL, cannot do anything. :sweat:

order from SG distri after formal announcement on availability is one thing - very high certainty that u will get a unit from the first shipment.

this one is more like 买希望, 等失望。(i.e. buy hope, wait for disappointment)
The Official Distributor in Vietnam also accepted pre-order for this FF camera from today till end of this week at US$2K price. :)

The Official Distributor in Vietnam also accepted pre-order for this FF camera from today till end of this week at US$2K price. :)

€2,000? US$2,000?

SG$2,000 in Singapore?

$2000USD is a very good price, lower than I expected. Hope Pentax won't cut corners while selling it cheap...

$2000USD is a very good price, lower than I expected. Hope Pentax won't cut corners while selling it cheap...

Good price for a camera with what specs?

yeah... serious indeed. u're seriously trolling.

If I were trolling, I would have heard from the mods and certainly not from you. :)

If I were trolling, I would have heard from the mods and certainly not from you. :)

You better post some photos to prove it.

Preferably XMM ones. :D

isn't the 2k like the deposit?

if final RRP is 2.5k or 3k, they would ask the customer to top-up right? :dunno:

isn't the 2k like the deposit?

if final RRP is 2.5k or 3k, they would ask the customer to top-up right? :dunno:
This was one of the new year special promotion from that distributor. That will be the selling price for those who put deposit 30% of the USD $2K amount last week.If RRP in the end will be higher, the distributor will bear all the extra for customers! :) and of course, if it lower than US$2K, then customers still need to pay 2K! :)

This was one of the new year special promotion from that distributor. That will be the selling price for those who put deposit 30% of the USD $2K amount last week.If RRP in the end will be higher, the distributor will bear all the extra for customers! :) and of course, if it lower than US$2K, then customers still need to pay 2K! :)

:bigeyes: under such circumstances, only 3 possibilities are possible:

- Distri already knows that their landed cost will be lower than US$2k.
- Distri expects that there won't be so much interest, so potential loss will be low, even if materialized - and they'll be able to squeeze this customer base with other products and services (like new FF lenses)
- This is part of a larger loss-leader strategy - very dangerous game :sweat:.

But consumers are definitely benefiting ;)