The Sillent Dancers

Status
Not open for further replies.

narloke

Mar 24, 2006
Yishun
narloke.deviantart.com
9222638web.jpg

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/98468/size/big/cat//ppuser/29054

don't know why they disable the link function even within clubsnap, sigh..

9222638web.jpg

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/98468/size/big/cat//ppuser/29054

don't know why they disable the link function even within clubsnap, sigh..

heh I like that sharpening halo around them but the contrast from the sharpening irritates me ...but that's just my preference, I find that maintaining a thinner contrast on inside details helps to create more of a sense of a "photograph" while still being maintaining the surreal-ness of the sharpening...

on the flip side, have you seen that guy from Marge Casey who does really strong sharpening?I forget his name..chekc out their website you can't miss his work

heh I like that sharpening halo around them but the contrast from the sharpening irritates me ...but that's just my preference, I find that maintaining a thinner contrast on inside details helps to create more of a sense of a "photograph" while still being maintaining the surreal-ness of the sharpening...

on the flip side, have you seen that guy from Marge Casey who does really strong sharpening?I forget his name..chekc out their website you can't miss his work

Actually i didn't even notice the halo on my lcd monitor until now i browse it thru the crt in the office. However i kind of hate the halo around the subject, make it kind of aritficial, but i just can't figure out a way to separate it from the background to make more depth.
Btw, nice meeting you in person finally, haha, all the best for your career in the states

Why did you light their back and not their face ? by chance, the visage of the man is still ok, but we don't even see the one of the girl.

Congrats for the background lighting.

Actually i didn't even notice the halo on my lcd monitor until now i browse it thru the crt in the office. However i kind of hate the halo around the subject, make it kind of aritficial, but i just can't figure out a way to separate it from the background to make more depth.
Btw, nice meeting you in person finally, haha, all the best for your career in the states

you dont have too as the background is clean. but u can use gaussian blur

you're probably going too heavy on the local contrast.
but an easier way is to make two layers, sharpen the top one and erase off the areas you don't like (the halos). so you maintain the sharpening on other parts but you can remove the crap that comes along with it...
I've seen someone use sharpening selectively with a layer mask....I have no idea how that is done? but then it works like a layer mask.very useful.

You need a better monitor + wacom + stable hand + brighter lighting! Your office too dark! Hahaha... Just kidding.

Try a near solid brush for masking.

you're probably going too heavy on the local contrast.
but an easier way is to make two layers, sharpen the top one and erase off the areas you don't like (the halos). so you maintain the sharpening on other parts but you can remove the crap that comes along with it...
I've seen someone use sharpening selectively with a layer mask....I have no idea how that is done? but then it works like a layer mask.very useful.
find the problem already,due to the bad management of high pass filter. Changed in the new shot already:
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/98792

You need a better monitor + wacom + stable hand + brighter lighting! Your office too dark! Hahaha... Just kidding.

Try a near solid brush for masking.
Sigh, if only I was using my office's dual monitor, i would already detect the problem. The worst CRT can beat the best LCD, at least at present.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.