The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

My Aperture 2 cannot read Canon 7D RAW files...can anyone help? TIA! :)

question... i've got the wireless keyboard (without the numpad) and what is the equivalent of the 'Home' and 'End' key which can be found on a PC keyboard?

i find that these two keys are very useful.

question... i've got the wireless keyboard (without the numpad) and what is the equivalent of the 'Home' and 'End' key which can be found on a PC keyboard?

cmd left arrow for home and cmd right arrow for end? :think:

Coolsigg, i believe aperture have not updated to read 7D raw files yet.

My Aperture 2 cannot read Canon 7D RAW files...can anyone help? TIA! :)

unfortunately apple is very slow in releasing raw support for new cameras. previously they released the camera raw package about every 3 months. the last update was june so its overdue. i'm hoping they will release it within the next month. :(

try fn + left/right arrows. thats where it is on the macbook keyboard.

can try what coolsigg suggested also.

Last edited:
try fn + left/right arrows. thats where it is on the macbook keyboard.

can try what coolsigg suggested also.

eh, i thought its cmd+left/right key?

eh, i thought its cmd+left/right key?

cmd+left/right seems to be universal for home/end. both the macbook and wireless keyboards have the fn key at bottom left and you can also use fn+left/right for home/end, and fn+up/down for page up/down. well at least that's how it is with my macbook.

cmd+left/right seems to be universal for home/end. both the macbook and wireless keyboards have the fn key at bottom left and you can also use fn+left/right for home/end, and fn+up/down for page up/down. well at least that's how it is with my macbook.

ohh, for my MBP, pressing the fn+left/right does the page up and down instead.. not home/end leh. :sweat: so its slightly different..

ok... tried (for wireless keyboard);

cmd+left/up = Home
cmd+right/down = End
fn+left = scrolls to top of page
fn+right = scrolls to bottom of page
fn+up = page up
fn+down = page down

Last edited:
Oh yippe! Great, thanks xhui for this cool Mac thread! :p

Here's my question: Anyone used HFS+ to format their HDD or MacDrive for PC? Ermm, this is the first time I heard of these. :embrass:

If I wanna share (read and write functions) an external HDD between PC and my Mac, the best way is to do a FAT32 format? I suppose the 4GB file size limit isn't too much of a problem rite... cos I don't foresee myself having any single file that large.... unless it's some movie?

Thanks.... :D

Oh yippe! Great, thanks xhui for this cool Mac thread! :p

Here's my question: Anyone used HFS+ to format their HDD or MacDrive for PC? Ermm, this is the first time I heard of these. :embrass:

If I wanna share (read and write functions) an external HDD between PC and my Mac, the best way is to do a FAT32 format? I suppose the 4GB file size limit isn't too much of a problem rite... cos I don't foresee myself having any single file that large.... unless it's some movie?

Thanks.... :D

it's better to format the external drive as NTFS, then install macfuse and ntfs-3g (both FREE) on your mac so that it can read/write to NTFS drive.

for now you may think that 4gig file size is not an issue, but maybe one day you may just need to transfer a file larger than 4gig. the other thing is FAT32 drives cannot be more than 32gig (i think), and nowadays many drives exceed 100gig. so unless you want to create many 32gig partitions. i vaguely recall having some problems file naming on FAT32.

Last edited:
Quick question: Have you guys bought stuff from Apple store online? Let's say i wanna get the macbook, which says is shipped within 24 hours, what's its ETA if i order tonight?

Quick question: Have you guys bought stuff from Apple store online? Let's say i wanna get the macbook, which says is shipped within 24 hours, what's its ETA if i order tonight?

either tomorrow or the day after. when they say "shipped", it means the courier has picked up the item. the actual delivery depends on the courier.

either tomorrow or the day after. when they say "shipped", it means the courier has picked up the item. the actual delivery depends on the courier.

alrighty, thanks!