The Flip-it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come I can get cheaper (including shipping) if I order directly from http://www.joedembphotography.com/flipit/

You can choose to order direct from him, but if it arrives damaged in any way, u will have to pay for shipping back etc. Customer support is available directly from PPCP including replacement of parts if needed, should your flip-it encounter problems. PPCP provides the after-sales service + customer assurance that the product they purchase comes with after-sales service and support.

PPCP is authorized by Joe Demb Photography to sell the Flip-it! range of reflector/diffusers. Hope it clears up the questions :)

A pic i took with the flip-it Pro! Standard just yest!

flipflipflip.jpg

Hey ParkertR, my fren sat on my Flip-It and there is a slight crack on the white card from the hinge area. Anything I can do other than use some ugly superglue on it? :(

You should email PPCP - see if they can offer any help :) i dont think there's a coverage for damaged stuff like this though :( superglue, if done right can cover it up well. try letting the glue seep in from the back (the black side)

OK, another mini-review by ME! .. yeah .. i know, you guys are getting sick of seeing my crappy photos right? ..

Anyways this is a mini-review of my first hands on usage of the Flip-It Pro! (i.e. the flip-it Jumbo + flip-it pro diffusers)

this is how it was mounted on my camera almost throughout the wedding procession in the church (of course, i was shooting as a friend, not as the official), note i did not need to change the orientation of the flash head when changing from portrait to landscape or vice-versa

PA091111.JPG

(obviously i did not have an ext-flash or flip-it, used my pop-up flash, thus the shadow)

Alright, this photo (below) was taken in portrait format, yep (i.e. camera tilted) did not adjust my flash head orientation, i'll let the picture speak for itself (other than the noise that is ..)

PA080016.JPG

and another, this one, taken in landscape orientation, without the need to adjust the orientation of the flash head again

PA080051.JPG

i think i pulled the jumbo panal back abit to reduce the power on this one ...

PA080053.JPG

and one more, this one was really close ... my lens was just about 10(?) cm above his shoulder ... yeah, shows the versitality of the flip-it =)

PA080114.JPG

i think nothing more needs to be said, if the photos are good, it's the flip-it pro, if they're crappy, it's my sub-par skills ... hahaha ..(thats why i need to shoot more! =X)

anyways, the amazing thing about the flip it, is i need not remove it should i need to fire my flash head on, just flip the panal back and tilt the head back to original 'forward' shooting position and fire away, no need to push back the built in bounce card, rip off the big bulky bounce card, pop off the omni-bounce of gfls ...

"nuff said.

oh yeah, i've mounted it on both the huge sb-24 (bigger than a sb-800 i believe) and the miniscule fl-36 (which is REALLY tiny, see the pic on which the flip-it pro! is mounted on above) ... proving 1 point, it can be used on almost any flash gun =)

for a newb at wedding photography, i think that it's not bad an attempt! but to not stray away from the topic, the photos do show the versatility of the Flip-it!, providing depth to each photograph and nice soft diffused light straight on. Thanks for the mini-review!

argh
there's some problem with emailing ppcp
must be my com or smth

would like to get the PPCP Flip-it! Pro (Jumbo)
but collect it straight instead of getting it thru post.
need it asap =D

ParkertR pls help

drop a msg @ 90469225
thank you

Forgot :) u can also attach it the traditional way...

side.jpg

I am wondering why does the Flip-it needs to be attached to the short side of the flash in all the demo pictures. Is there a reason for it?

The side-mounting of the flip-it is to enable the user to control the lightsource from left/right. Mounting it straight the traditional way only allows for up/down tilt with no side lighting effects :)

I have also email to you but no reply.

Should not miss this one. I have place my order tru the email provided ;)

what's the 2 piece of white translucent plastic for?
to diffuse the flash?but why 2 instead of 1?:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.