The Face 2005, Pics on CS? Discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikonsiao said:
you mean the Video cam attached to the side of Vince123123 flash bracket?

Ah yeah, very simple mah, you just talk to him and sell him your video clip then problem solved and we can continue to shoot happily....you went on both days right? sure got record the whole event... :thumbsup:

Pss...show the video leh, dun shy. i think i missed out some scenes too....
So thats what that thing is attached to the side of his rig...I thought dunno what high tech cheem cheem laser focusing aid thingy for his cam... :bsmilie:

Wah good idea man...lets do a MO for custom made bracket for DSLR and video cam to be mounted coaxially...u can miss the shot but the video cam had recorded it liao...power sia! :thumbsup:

Garion said:
So thats what that thing is attached to the side of his rig...I thought dunno what high tech cheem cheem laser focusing aid thingy for his cam... :bsmilie:

Wah good idea man...lets do a MO for custom made bracket for DSLR and video cam to be mounted coaxially...u can miss the shot but the video cam had recorded it liao...power sia! :thumbsup:

very simple, i went back and improvised my flash bracket...i can pass you some removable cable tie and you can mount any video cam to yr flash bracket and tango.... :bsmilie:

Looks like everyone is copying what I started...from flash brackets, to ladders, and now even to modifying to add a video cam. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

P.S. Pics and videos still unprocessed unfortunately....

vince123123 said:
Looks like everyone is copying what I started...from flash brackets, to ladders, and now even to modifying to add a video cam. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

P.S. Pics and videos still unprocessed unfortunately....

I didn't know you were the first to start using the flash bracket and ladder and the rest of us copy you. Wow... :bigeyes:

The video idea was good though but have to buy Video cam first... :bsmilie:

as long as thread still open, we can wait.......or you can open a thread in ready,lights and action when its done... can't wait to see yr results.

Hmm well honestly, I can't say conclusively that I was the first as I dont have empirical data to support that conclusion. That is just based on my observations as being the intial starter of the concept and then the appearance of others who also adopted the concept.

The flash bracket concept isn't novel as brackets already existed, just that when I started using them about 8 years ago, no one else used them. Recently started seeing an influx of them (after the Clubsnap digital frenzy appeared). Back then, the number of photographers at shows are about 2-3 at most. Now we have a crowd of photographers. Which resulted in the ladder idea to try to mitigate the effects of the crowd.

As for the ladder idea, its probably easier to tell as some time back when I started using a ladder at the shows I was at, no one uses ladders. In fact, some people in this forums implied that the use of a ladder as being overkill (it's probably somewhere in the forums still). However, I noticed that more people are starting to use it nowadays.

Nevertheless, good ideas are always available for everyone to use, and I'm glad to see that the ideas that I have adopted (whether I am the first or not, or whether people simply saw me or someone else doing it and followed suit), being adopted by the rest of the community. Perhaps we can sit down and brainstorm on good ideas to benefit everyone :)

nikonsiao said:
I didn't know you were the first to start using the flash bracket and ladder and the rest of us copy you. Wow... :bigeyes:

The video idea was good though but have to buy Video cam first... :bsmilie:

as long as thread still open, we can wait.......or you can open a thread in ready,lights and action when its done... can't wait to see yr results.

vince123123 said:
Hmm well honestly, I can't say conclusively that I was the first as I dont have empirical data to support that conclusion. That is just based on my observations as being the intial starter of the concept and then the appearance of others who also adopted the concept.

The flash bracket concept isn't novel as brackets already existed, just that when I started using them about 8 years ago, no one else used them. Recently started seeing an influx of them (after the Clubsnap digital frenzy appeared). Back then, the number of photographers at shows are about 2-3 at most. Now we have a crowd of photographers. Which resulted in the ladder idea to try to mitigate the effects of the crowd.

As for the ladder idea, its probably easier to tell as some time back when I started using a ladder at the shows I was at, no one uses ladders. In fact, some people in this forums implied that the use of a ladder as being overkill (it's probably somewhere in the forums still). However, I noticed that more people are starting to use it nowadays.

Nevertheless, good ideas are always available for everyone to use, and I'm glad to see that the ideas that I have adopted (whether I am the first or not, or whether people simply saw me or someone else doing it and followed suit), being adopted by the rest of the community. Perhaps we can sit down and brainstorm on good ideas to benefit everyone :)

Maybe i can start off first...
How about portable strobe light that you can carry on backpack and then extend overhead so no need to use flash....how about employ others to change my batt pack and CF card in case i need to climb down ladder...and and how about a Double flash bracket, 1 to mount the cam, the other to mount the video cam... the flash can put on the top most flash bracket.... :bsmilie:

Sounds interesting! maybe we should open a new thread to discuss these "improvements and ideas". think we are going wayyyy off topic already :p

nikonsiao said:
How about portable strobe light that you can carry on backpack and then extend overhead so no need to use flash....how about employ others to change my batt pack and CF card in case i need to climb down ladder...and and how about a Double flash bracket, 1 to mount the cam, the other to mount the video cam... the flash can put on the top most flash bracket.... :bsmilie:

nikonsiao said:

err ... liddat ah ... better do MO for fitness club/gym membership ... need to go train before carrying such things .. later lanfway cramp ... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

nikonsiao said:

someone already implemented umbreallas and off-camera flash positioned near the stage for lighting ;p

Yeap, that would be Willy - credit given when due :)

mpenza said:
someone already implemented umbreallas and off-camera flash positioned near the stage for lighting ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.