The end of the Tang dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with eikin, which might be shopping or eating...singapore's unique culture. lol.
honestly, those cultural stuff from other countries are not attracting anybody. If something big like IKEA or what there...sure alot people. haaa

the land inside is pretty big...lots of things they can convert the place into...maybe like go kart stadium, dirt bike trails, something for the public.

Actually i feel the outside is much nicer for photography, inside nothing much, maybe except for the pagoda. Rest of the area is like infested with mozzies, probably rats and do be careful of druggies and those of a different sexual preference than normal.

Not recommended if you are a thrillseeker...might get injured or something bad. :nono:

Turn it into a Shaolin School.

People all over the world will come to learn how to finger-stand. :bsmilie:

oh man!I emailed STB to request to go in for a shoot a few months ago but they rejected my request:(maybe will email them again to see if can go in and get any last shots

What did they say? Were there any reasons given? Somehow, these authority figures are not likely to grant joe public permission to enter to take photos. I wanted to take photos of my old sec sch, cannot. Wanted to take photo of River Valley Swimming Complex, cannot. I really don't know why. Take photo from outside, also cannot.

Anyway, regarding Tang Dynasty, last I checked (admittedly about 1 year ago), there were several huuuuge holes in the fences that you could just walk through.

I was sceptical about the whole concept when it first opened, though. We already had the Chinese Gardens, why did we need another Chinese-themed attraction? Sure they were different, but would the tourists know the diff? And it's all fake, a replica. I sure people would want to see the real deal in China itself. It's really a humogous white elephant, and since it wasn't open for very long, I doubt many S'poreans would have much sentimental attachments to the place (I miss the Yaohan Jurong opposite more, actually).

Decision to demolish and build something better / more useful is absolutely correct.

No surprise it's going. If people want to see an ancient Chinese city, they'll go to the actual thing.

i dun think shaolin temple is going to do much good either...

sporean go see once tats it... we will see the demolition of the shaolin temple, jurong branch in say... 2015

i dun think shaolin temple is going to do much good either...

sporean go see once tats it... we will see the demolition of the shaolin temple, jurong branch in say... 2015

not really, next one will be E-Mei... bunch of nuns...

then later Wudang...

then blah blah blah... with the Condor Heroes coming in & out, then the big bird flying in and out...

by the time 2020, i think it will be a place where people play Counterstrike, and we have kids and we tell them, eh last time we play online CS... by that time, they will remake that place into a de_dust map...

then later Wudang...

then blah blah blah... with the Condor Heroes coming in & out, then the big bird flying in and out...

by the time 2020, i think it will be a place where people play Counterstrike, and we have kids and we tell them, eh last time we play online CS... by that time, they will remake that place into a de_dust map...

:bsmilie:steady lah... u r creative man!!!

I never been there before if able to go in that will be the best! At that time never wanted to go because i have thesame mind set wif synapseman that is we already have chinese garden le...... to me no difference if want to go then go to chinese garden FOC some more!:confused:

:bsmilie:steady lah... u r creative man!!!

I never been there before if able to go in that will be the best! At that time never wanted to go because i have thesame mind set wif synapseman that is we already have chinese garden le...... to me no difference if want to go then go to chinese garden FOC some more!:confused:

well, nobody headhunt me to be minister yet... might be a good thing too... :bsmilie:

then later Wudang...

:bsmilie:

Jin Yong theme park? somemore JBP not very far away, can just borrow the condors, then like JBP got bird show, this one everyday got fighting show ... reminds me of this story writing competition in hongkong when someone won it with the following verse

''秃驴! 竟敢跟贫道抢师太!''

:bsmilie:

Jin Yong theme park? somemore JBP not very far away, can just borrow the condors, then like JBP got bird show, this one everyday got fighting show ... reminds me of this story writing competition in hongkong when someone won it with the following verse

''秃驴! 竟敢跟贫道抢师太!''

wanna start a petition? hehe...

we jump start a fun park instead... y let those boring people run those boring theme parks...

Has anyone thought of turning Tang Dynasty into Tang Jurassic Park?

No need to demolish the Tang buildings.

Just have to put in a few mechanical Dinosaurs chasing the half-naked princesses and chamber maids around will do.

There'll be a long queque of uncles buying tickets everyday.

:sweatsm:

Has anyone thought of turning Tang Dynasty into Tang Jurassic Park?

No need to demolish the Tang buildings.

Just have to put in a few mechanical Dinosaurs chasing the half-naked princesses and chamber maids around will do.

There'll be a long queque of uncles buying tickets everyday.

:sweatsm:

well, in chinese heritage dun have dino mah...

so just have a bush with Yang Guo practise with Xiaolongnu the 'ahem' move will do... :bigeyes:

then another chamber with Wei Xiao Bao and his 9 wifes... btw, its 7 or 9?

I didn't even know this place exist!!! :bsmilie:

Has anyone thought of turning Tang Dynasty in a Bree Theme Park with hundreds of Bree replicas walking around posing.

That will be a photographers' heaven. :bsmilie:

U better ask her manager for permission before coming out with funny ideas...:devil:

Has anyone thought of turning Tang Dynasty in a Bree Theme Park with hundreds of Bree replicas walking around posing.

Nose bleeding place .... Will die alot of photographer .. :sweat:

just like Tang Dynasty and Shaolin monks, i don't think that will qualify as a made-in-Singapore cultural asset

Status
Not open for further replies.