Thailand photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccoy

Mar 7, 2004
Hello all need some advice from people who have been to bangkok.
Just wondering if there are shops that service lens there?
I have a lens that is filled with fungus so i thought no harm trying out a cheaper workshop there as compared to singapore.

No.2 question......does anyone know any nice place to shoot there??
aka me wanna shoot more of the slums then anything else...........
thanks

maccoy said:
Hello all need some advice from people who have been to bangkok.
Just wondering if there are shops that service lens there?
I have a lens that is filled with fungus so i thought no harm trying out a cheaper workshop there as compared to singapore.

No.2 question......does anyone know any nice place to shoot there??
aka me wanna shoot more of the slums then anything else...........
thanks
I live in Bangkok and study there so if there's anything you need you can contact me through this forum... or u can PM me... i dunno about any good place to service the lens so sorry... if u need to go shoot places like the slums u can tell me, i may be able to help...

Cheers!!! :)

hello :)
thanks for replying......actually i am on tour for a show so i will be at bangkok from 5-16 may. in the mean time i wanna do a project on the slums in bangkok.
so i assume u like know how to speak thai and stuff right???
i will try to contact u once i am there......i will be holding onto a local sim card when i touch down.

I remember these areas when I lived in Bangkok few years ago.

After you arrive at BKK airport, you just need to walk across the airport terminal 1 foot bridge to the other side of the highway, then turn after the golden temple, there is a instant slum area for you to see. (shoot?)

If you stay in town area, (and you dare), go to the areas near to the few train station terminals, these are also slum areas. (but not really safe honestly).

hmmmmmmmmm thanks alot for that.......really appreciate it.
i will keep that in mind when i am there.
security is that bad in such areas???
they steal?? or what they do???
any idea who i might get help from to sort of talk to them??

Go shoot a MuiThai match 3 stadiums.. they fight on Wed and Sun i think.. I missed it when i was there in April. Bangkok that is... Get good seats... and bring a fast lens!! :bsmilie:

maccoy said:
hmmmmmmmmm thanks alot for that.......really appreciate it.
i will keep that in mind when i am there.
security is that bad in such areas???
they steal?? or what they do???
any idea who i might get help from to sort of talk to them??

Train station terminals are where the outsiders arrive in Bangkok, so you see lotsa diff kind of ppl. Pickpocket, con-artist, some criminals maybe. There should be many policemen around, but they do not speak English, and I presume you dont speak Thai.

Yea there are alot of street kids under the trainstations (young boys as young as 8 !! spotting tattoos etc etc)

They carry sticks and walk ard the city half naked demanding $ from cars stuck in traffic jams. so if you are carrying a camera with you be careful !

Alternatively you can go to the outskirts (1 hours drive) to take smaller towns not neccessary slumps and they do make ineresting subjects !

Have fun !

By the way... here in bkk don't trust anyone... even the police... they are the ones who take drugs off the streets and sell it again.... well i can speak thai (my mum's thai u c) and yea there are many places where u can visit and there are many slums around... a recent burn down of a slum might give u a nice compare and contrast to the slum life in bkk... i can tell u.. u dun need to go anywhere to find a slum... below my condo i can see one already... well maccoy if u are interested come along and u can PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.