Tell me which Tripod / Ball head and Monopod to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Guys, Can someone please just tell me what I should get.

My requirements for tripod and ball head are :

I probably will use it to shoot moon photography, some animals, and macro. Will need it to be able to support a E3 with battery grip, and a 70-300 mm lens for now. However, I may upgrade to a heavier SWD lens later, which may add about 1-2 kg to the overall weight. Am not sure how much my current setup weighs yet. I like the ball head so I think that is what will go with the tripod. I also need it to be light, so I think it have to be carbon fiber.

Monopod :

As for monopod, I probably use it for shooting cars and perhaps carry it around for as and when additional stability is required. Probably not so commonly the latter, but for cars yes. Also prefer a carbon fiber one.

Would appreciate if anyone who is sufficiently knowledgeable and experienced, and or who have gone through this decision process, to give their opinons. I HAVE read all the other posts on the consideration but still cannot decide. At the end of the day, user reviews are best, I suppose. As for budget, I think less than 1 K for all three items would be my maximum. Of course, if I can spend less, I would be much happier. Thanks all!!

......:)

As for budget, I think less than 1 K for all three items would be my maximum. Of course, if I can spend less, I would be much happier. Thanks all!!

Thot I posted it. But I guess it is lost within my words. Hehe.

As for budget, I think less than 1 K for all three items would be my maximum. Of course, if I can spend less, I would be much happier. Thanks all!!

1k budget for carbon fibre tripod............

Can try this setup
Mamiya Carbon tripod AY703 - $485 (from CP)
KangRinPoche NB 2A Ballhead - Around $400 (from OP)
Monopod...............I not sure $100 is it enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.