Tang Shooters - Sweat At Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
2079771915_50f3242b31_o.jpg

The belle at the run. Took a few shots at her and her lovely sister.. will process slowly and past soon...

Very beautiful eyes! :lovegrin:

I just realised that I should have switch to the AI-SERVO mode instead. I did tried that mode ( AI-SERVO ), but then the RED AF confirmation dots are not there when you are using the AI-SERVO mode and I am quite worried that the focusing will be off ! Hence I switched back to AI- Single mode.

I should use AI-SERVO instead. make the subject at the center of the picture, then half press the shutter ( to aquire lock ), the compose the picture. :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice , appriciated.

no problem bro..i oso been thru it..that's the whole purpose of Tangs Shooters mahz..shoot and learn together..and oso to have fun! :bsmilie:

nice coverage! too bad i couldn't make it this morning... :cry:

Here is my take on the Marathon... It was nice meeting u two there... :)

Mathew.

very small picture...cannot see leh...:bigeyes: try to resize your shots to ( the longer size ) about 600 pixels.

Here is my take on the Marathon... It was nice meeting u two there... :)

Mathew.

Repost : due to datacrash of forum.. wahaaaa...
Belle of the event:

2083761172_193855f76a_o.jpg

The one that deanced into the finishing line....

2082979415_864627c18d_o.jpg

The one that had alot in pursue...

2083762736_34466e4f7f_o.jpg

The one that is way cool....

2083762970_4b45f6753c_o.jpg

The one that won me with her smile....

ok..i foresee this already...bro falconite is giving me the de'ja vu effects...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Here comes the others..

2082978917_38df572e31_o.jpg

The one that loves the place he comes from...

2083763512_e9585553f9_o.jpg

The one that has a lovely child...
... ooi... the one behind him in blue is our Tang Shooters : Juste Mille ... JIA EUI!!

2083763396_d5779e5336_o.jpg

The one that commands the Addidas Cheer Team... wahaaa

2083763170_d791c33732_o.jpg

The senior one...recpectable!!

2083394035_5afec14f54_o.jpg

The one that is fresh.. (even James not seen before..) from above...

2084175078_2a61f74745_o.jpg

The one that party at the event...

2083760208_73c40a896d_o.jpg

The one that communicates with weird facial expression...

In reply to : ....for the baby...er I meant our bro behind..... : from Phoa

Thanks... I have 4 shots of these... and kept eye contact of that baby... woo.. the pics is worth alot... buy more get bigger discount.

haha juste! wad timing did he come in? i dont think i can even finish marathon lor! haha gd run bro, gd coverage by another haha

haha juste! wad timing did he come in? i dont think i can even finish marathon lor! haha gd run bro, gd coverage by another haha
Good coverage? Thank u thank u.. there are 3 of use reporting here but one Tang Shoooters Body.. wahaa...

Juste Bro... what time u come in? I like to know too... wahaaa..

hi TangShooters, here are my this morning's shoot. 2 mistakes I have made here :
- must use shutter about 1/500sec or faster to ensure sharp picture.
- must have a good clearing for shooting.

How fast the shutter depends on how fast the runners are ... ;)

But more seriously, you can shoot at 1/60 too. And then you get some motion blur effects of their feet and hands, for example.

The real problem is focus, namely that the runners must be in your focal plane when you release the shutter.

And you achieve this either by:

- ambush, ie you pre focus on a spot, and wait for the runner to hit the spot, maybe just before. How precise you need to time this release depends on your depth of field. If you have more depth of field, you can be less precise.

- high speed continuous focus and focusing, either with you Mk II eyeball or the latest bestest mostest Mk CCXVIII pro camera and maybe also supersonic lens, etc. Depth of field also matters here, as the runner must not move outside the focal volume, before the camera reacquire focus again. so the faster the focal reacquisition, the less depth of field is needed.

- high shutter speed, which is what you are alluding too. Like the continuous AF, your shutter speed and reaction time and other delays must be less than the time the runner moves out of the focal volume which is determined by your depth of field.

Ambush is the most straight forward, most accessible to anyone, including P&S, and most creative too.

Status
Not open for further replies.