Tamron 18-270 lens problem in Auto Focus with D5100

ctm1968

Sep 1, 2008
Just change to the new D5100, notice my Tamron 18-270 can't really get the auto focus right? Most shot turn out to be blur??
Can anyone advise/help? Thanks!!

i guess the problem only lies w live view . Most tamron tele lens cant focus at 100mm onwards on live view//

Just change to the new D5100, notice my Tamron 18-270 can't really get the auto focus right? Most shot turn out to be blur??
Can anyone advise/help? Thanks!!

I saw someone post on this issue. But problem solved by using Tamron 18/270mm PZD version. Explanation as D5100 don't have enough power to auto focus old motor Tamron 18-270mm during LCD turned ON. You can take a look or test in camera shop to confirm. :)

I saw someone post on this issue. But problem solved by using Tamron 18/270mm PZD version. Explanation as D5100 don't have enough power to auto focus old motor Tamron 18-270mm during LCD turned ON. You can take a look or test in camera shop to confirm. :)

I am using the older model (not the PZD model), I tested both with and without live view, both focus got problem.... Got reply from Nikon, ask me to look for Tamron (not their problem!!)
I call Tamron, they say without warrenty have to pay!! :( and they also don't know what's the problem! Ask me to send in the lens (they are so far!!!) :(

How much they charge to calibrate ? If below 100 still ok la