Tamron 17-50mm loose outer ring / front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tamron 17-50mm has exactly the same problem! Grr. Sent it to Camera Hospital for clean-up + tightening of this part. Paid about $100 I think-- oh wells. The lens must be disassembled to tighten so no choice really.

While I'm quite happy with the optical quality, I'm not so enthused about the build quality. Part of the reason would be my slightly rough handling of my gear when out shooting. I often rest the mounted lens-hood on the table/ground/surface, putting pressure on this ring. Nowadays, when I'm shooting with very low chance of flare, like in the afternoons, I'll shoot without the lens hood.. yups, hope that helps!

Good news.. I took it into the Tamron Office (HK) and five minutes later... all fixed! I think they even cleaned the lens too... what fantastic service!! :thumbsup:

Seems to be a common problem. I should think Tamron does it for free as long as it's within warranty.

Seems to be a common problem. I should think Tamron does it for free as long as it's within warranty.

There is no Tamron Service Centre Singapore.Only a distributor unless u wanna spent months to wait for the lens to be shipped to Japan to be repaired of a minor problem and then shipped back.

TS is lucky to have a TSC nearby.

For Singaporean Tamron 17-50mm owners who face the same problems,u can approach Fatigue to repair the lens.Will take as quick as 6 hours(or even less) for the repair.
If im right,it was somewhere between $10-$15.

Thanks for the heads-up! After getting it fixed, it's slowly getting looser as time goes by. arghs. Will look you up, fatigue, if need to give the lens another face-lift!

Good news.. I took it into the Tamron Office (HK) and five minutes later... all fixed! I think they even cleaned the lens too... what fantastic service!! :thumbsup:

opened, cleaned and reassembled in 5 minutes? that's really fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.