Taking pictures of plays of concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaliariff

Jul 9, 2008
Hi all,

Will be watching cats the musical,and was just wondering if i could take pictures of the musical,with no flash of course,really appreciate the feedbacks.Sorry the title should read Plays or concerts.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Will be watching cats the musical,and was just wondering if i could take pictures of the musical,with no flash of course,really appreciate the feedbacks.Sorry the title should read Plays or concerts.

I believe no photography is allowed.

widest aperture -f2.8, increase your iso to 800 and probably a zoom lens.

forget abt it... no photography is allowed.
Big bags have to be deposited at the counter before entry into the theatre.

Even if you could take a camera in, have a bit of consideration for the people around you who have paid a lot of money to enjoy a show. The last thing they would want is to sit next to someone click click clicking throughout the whole performance, checking shots etc...

Even at music concerts, I get so annoyed by people in front who hold up their cameras to record the whole thing on video. Just don't see the point. The quality will be terrible, they'll probably never really watch it again. Just enjoy the show and you'll have the memories.

yea, i really don't think taking pictures in concert's a good idea :think:

If you want a photo as a memento, won't taking a shot of yourself outside the concert hall suffice? :)

I believe the Esplanade has a strict 'no photography during performance' policy. And given the fantastic acoustics of the theatre/concert hall, your 'clicks' will not only affect the people beside you but many many people around you. I once watched a show where I heard clicking, only to realize that the culprit was on the ground stalls (I was sitting at the edge of circle 1) when the usher came by to advise the patron accordingly.

I believe you paid good money to watch Cats and so did the rest around you. So just enjoy the show! Don't diminish the experience for yourself and others by clicking away.

to TS: you could try the outdoor ones just outside the durian.

Like what pooQy mentioned, u won't be able to smuggle in a bulky len into the threater.

U can try shooting with a small compact cam or HP, but they have the rights to confiscate ur equipment on the spot.

The musical Cats plays nightly in my backward during mating seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.