Take a Picture and Donate to Tsunamis Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest news from eikin ! !! Police license should be ready by 11 Jan YEAH !!! :thumbsup:

While at it, do you guys think its possible that we can coordinate some kind of collection effort there for the items kaychin mentioned that was urgently required in his earlier post? Stuff like the surgical masks etc etc..

zhangyb said:
While at it, do you guys think its possible that we can coordinate some kind of collection effort there for the items kaychin mentioned that was urgently required in his earlier post? Stuff like the surgical masks etc etc..

I don't think that tourism board would like that.
If I am not wrong, there is a location at lowland road or something like that to send the stuff to. I have heard of this location as a collectin centre over the radio.

zhangyb said:

would be very messy, unless someone setup another booth somewhere further to do purely collection...

ortega said:
I don't think that tourism board would like that.
If I am not wrong, there is a location at lowland road or something like that to send the stuff to. I have heard of this location as a collectin centre over the radio.
i c i c, then i think we will keep it as that

Missed this thread. I liked to be keeped informed when the things are finalize. If my schedule allows (I have plenty of Off I need to clear), I don't mind going down in person to help. Take pictures, I can do that.

If I do go, I'll bring my gear including:

KM Dynax 7D with accompanying lens.
14 inch ibook
Manfroto 190 tripod with 486RC ballhead.
1 x HS 5600 (D) program flash
1 x HS 3600 (D) program flash.

Hmmm... If there's a suitable back drop, I think My gear together with Del_CtrlnoAlt's could form a mini 'studio'...

zhangyb said:

Good suggestion but at the moment, all the permits, licence, and talks with the sponsers do not include this. It might push the start date back.

Flare said:
Missed this thread. I liked to be keeped informed when the things are finalize. If my schedule allows (I have plenty of Off I need to clear), I don't mind going down in person to help. Take pictures, I can do that.

If I do go, I'll bring my gear including:

KM Dynax 7D with accompanying lens.
14 inch ibook
Manfroto 190 tripod with 486RC ballhead.
1 x HS 5600 (D) program flash
1 x HS 3600 (D) program flash.

Hmmm... If there's a suitable back drop, I think My gear together with Del_CtrlnoAlt's could form a mini 'studio'...

heheh... i think i drive a van down better... can help carry equipment around as well. i got a boom stand, just need a piece of cloth can liao... use clothes peg to pin the cloth to the boom den voila... outdoor mini studio! den 2x HS5600 with 1x HS3600

OT: your 486RC can support your cam with a vertical grip? my 322rc2 keep slipping...

Flare said:

suscribe to this tread and you will be updated when it updates

There is no need for a bg as we are targeting the tourist who come by the busloads and locals who go there to take a photo.

We want to take their photo with the merlion and/or esplanade as a bg.
About the lights, nice to have, but what if it rains?
Can we dismantle it in time?
I think better not.
We will make do with reflectors to control the lights.
Since we are shooting digital we can actually use video lights bounced off a reflector for light control.

Trying to keep it simple and effective.

Thanks

ortega said:
suscribe to this tread and you will be updated when it updates

There is no need for a bg as we are targeting the tourist who come by the busloads and locals who go there to take a photo.

We want to take their photo with the merlion and/or esplanade as a bg.
About the lights, nice to have, but what if it rains?
Can we dismantle it in time?
I think better not.
We will make do with reflectors to control the lights.
Since we are shooting digital we can actually use video lights bounced off a reflector for light control.

Trying to keep it simple and effective.

Thanks

agree, let's keep it simple and effective for the start, we are all inexperienced right now in this field of charity work and there will be lots of hiccups to come along. the primary aim of this is not only to raise funds for tsunamis victims, but also set up an effective model of organising such shoots at short notice, i am sure all who participate will take away precious knowledge that will be an asset to local photography community.

as mentioned by poohbear, haha, you are fast to announce, the police has no problem with this concept of charity work, in fact from my interaction with Mdm Siti from the General Licensing Unit, they are more than willing to help anyone with workable plans and proper proposals. I truly appreciate her help.

The police will release the license for us to carry out this event on tuesday according to the proposal we submitted yesterday (now's past midnight aready!) all they need is a proper letter head from the organisation we are working under, which HotSpots has helped alot in getting Rivervale CC to help. The license will allow us to conduct this during 3 weekends at the two locations and time mentioned, and 10 people will be allowed to handle the collection of donations.

i will be closing this thread soon to set up a new thread to summarise things and organise volunteers and resources, i am still in the midst of sorting things out, keep everyone informed :)

briefing and short training will be given to volunteers, look out for details in new thread, need to work out with members for time and day. briefing will be conducted to notify all volunteers of the regulations under the license.

some discussion with ortega over PM and i am taking his advise to not post a new thread as yet. the scale is getting bigger, let's work out the workflow and resource allocation method before starting the new thread. so all comments and suggestions still welcomed, i will take note of new volunteers as well, for info we need photographers using DSLR and of good standard to volunteer for the actual shooting, Pros and good amateurs please step forward! indicate the dates you can volunteer and timing as well ...

one more news ... errr ... don't know how to break this ...

i will be following my school studio to sri lanka from 19 jan to 29 jan for architecture study. last minute notice, so i will not be able to join the 2nd weekend shoot :(

iTS ONLY A SUGGESTION...

Once we can confirm the dates and venues we should appeal to all CSers to mass email this charity effort to families and friends to participate and donate to the cause....although we might be targeting tourist and there are other forms of donations, but how many of us had been to the Merlion in a family outing before? And to further that, I am proud to serve with fellow CS members who has taken their time and effort to go all out to help the victims.. :thumbsup:

All who came for first meeting please take note, meeting on this saturday 1.30pm to 2.30pm at Koufu Foodcourt to discuss details of the charity shoot! Hey HotSpots, if you can get a room for us at Rivervale CC instead that will be most wonderful.

Some discussion with ortega, he has suggested the name 'PhotoAid'

It is a good title as it is direct and can be used for future photography related charity events, the name does not confine to just Shooting, but includes any photography-related work. thanks ortega for the good name :thumbsup:

Sjourn said:
iTS ONLY A SUGGESTION...

Once we can confirm the dates and venues we should appeal to all CSers to mass email this charity effort to families and friends to participate and donate to the cause....although we might be targeting tourist and there are other forms of donations, but how many of us had been to the Merlion in a family outing before? And to further that, I am proud to serve with fellow CS members who has taken their time and effort to go all out to help the victims.. :thumbsup:

good idea!

There was another suggestion, "ShootAid" as in jus like saying ShootIt. I think it was Ortega as well who suggested it....

Sjourn said:
There was another suggestion, "ShootAid" as in jus like saying ShootIt. I think it was Ortega as well who suggested it....

yup, that's right, but ShootAid seems to confine to just shooting, let's open this to more photography work if we organise again after this event.

Sorry. I won't be able to make it to the meeting. Work commitment. I'm still keen to help. If there's any essential meet up. Maybe can inform slightly earlier? I need to take off...

Oh, think someone mentioned about translation... I'm a chinese, but I know some basic malay, written better than spoken tho. Although most likely we would be able to get someone to help with the malay translation, if not, worse come to worse, i'll do it.

Sjourn said:

that was yqt who suggested shootaid, catchy name but the word shoot can be negative as well "shoot (with a gun) the aid" know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.