Take a Picture and Donate to Tsunamis Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flare said:
Sorry. I won't be able to make it to the meeting. Work commitment. I'm still keen to help. If there's any essential meet up. Maybe can inform slightly earlier? I need to take off...

Oh, think someone mentioned about translation... I'm a chinese, but I know some basic malay, written better than spoken tho. Although most likely we would be able to get someone to help with the malay translation, if not, worse come to worse, i'll do it.

thanks! :thumbsup: that's the spirit

Flare said:
Sorry. I won't be able to make it to the meeting. Work commitment. I'm still keen to help. If there's any essential meet up. Maybe can inform slightly earlier? I need to take off...

Oh, think someone mentioned about translation... I'm a chinese, but I know some basic malay, written better than spoken tho. Although most likely we would be able to get someone to help with the malay translation, if not, worse come to worse, i'll do it.

No worries about Malay translation, I have Malay friends that can help. :D

ortega said:
that was yqt who suggested shootaid, catchy name but the word shoot can be negative as well "shoot (with a gun) the aid" know what I mean?

point taken.... :mad2:

ortega said:
that was yqt who suggested shootaid, catchy name but the word shoot can be negative as well "shoot (with a gun) the aid" know what I mean?

ok, paiseh ;p

yah ... if there's any better names please put forward, we'll temporary call it PhotoAid. this will be confirmed at the end of saturday's meeting.

reminder again

All who came for first meeting please take note, meeting on this saturday 1.30pm to 2.30pm at Koufu Foodcourt to discuss details of the charity shoot! As agreed on first meeting, all present at first meeting will be known as the organising members and have the right to decision making, this is to keep things organised and efficient.

Hey HotSpots, if you can get a room for us at Rivervale CC instead that will be most wonderful.

eikin said:
ok, paiseh ;p

yah ... if there's any better names please put forward, we'll temporary call it PhotoAid. this will be confirmed at the end of saturday's meeting.

reminder again

All who came for first meeting please take note, meeting on this saturday 1.30pm to 2.30pm at Koufu Foodcourt to discuss details of the charity shoot! As agreed on first meeting, all present at first meeting will be known as the organising members and have the right to decision making, this is to keep things organised and efficient.

Hey HotSpots, if you can get a room for us at Rivervale CC instead that will be most wonderful.

I most likely cannot make it at 1.30pm. Will see u guys at 3pm.

evq said:
I most likely cannot make it at 1.30pm. Will see u guys at 3pm.

ok, no problem, we meet whoever can come, if needed we'll continue after PNPC meeting. what we need is to layout all the tasks and confirm logistics, HotSpots is working on the official proposal to submit to STB

DSCN8293a.jpg

one shot from last night with our volunteers testing angles on site.

we found numerous powerpoints on side, power will not be a problem. we'll put our request for generators on hold, in case there's need for standby. Thanks!

Spoke to a friend who's a local guide now working in STPB , he said he can help by passing some phamplets to his tour guide friends, let the tour guide know abt this earlier so that they can brief the tourist beforehand. According to him , Merlion is a sure-must-see destination for tourist as it's free and a singapore icon. Most tour group will leave the hotel at around 9am so i think we start at 9am should not be a problem. We have to work on the manpower allocation seriously as i foresee it will be little bit problematic.
Crowd in the night will be less as they will proceed to the night safari and the musical fountain in sentosa, but we can expect those free and easy tourist coming by.

I still have some other issue i wish to address , but i'll leave that to the meeting .

Work on Sat , finish abt mid noon , will rush back ! btw eikin , regarding the list , i think it's best if can breakdown to include the dates as well. Let them sign up for the dates that they are avaliable. If Cser have friends or family that wish to help out , ask them to include e.g Poohbear + 3 , also let the volunteer understand that whichever dates they commit , they have to be present. It may sound harsh but it's something to ensure the smooth running of the whole program.

Meanwhile i'll try to come up with the following by 2morrow

- Adminstrative Instructions
- a draft work flow
- a draft of roles and responsibities for various station
- a draft floor plan of that area

Keep in contact , brudders !!
Enjoy the process and taste the fruit of success !!!
Banzai !!! :bsmilie:

poohbear said:
Spoke to a friend who's a local guide now working in STPB , he said he can help by passing some phamplets to his tour guide friends, let the tour guide know abt this earlier so that they can brief the tourist beforehand. According to him , Merlion is a sure-must-see destination for tourist as it's free and a singapore icon. Most tour group will leave the hotel at around 9am so i think we start at 9am should not be a problem. We have to work on the manpower allocation seriously as i foresee it will be little bit problematic.
Crowd in the night will be less as they will proceed to the night safari and the musical fountain in sentosa, but we can expect those free and easy tourist coming by.

I still have some other issue i wish to address , but i'll leave that to the meeting .

Work on Sat , finish abt mid noon , will rush back ! btw eikin , regarding the list , i think it's best if can breakdown to include the dates as well. Let them sign up for the dates that they are avaliable. If Cser have friends or family that wish to help out , ask them to include e.g Poohbear + 3 , also let the volunteer understand that whichever dates they commit , they have to be present. It may sound harsh but it's something to ensure the smooth running of the whole program.

Meanwhile i'll try to come up with the following by 2morrow

- Adminstrative Instructions
- a draft work flow
- a draft of roles and responsibities for various station
- a draft floor plan of that area

Keep in contact , brudders !!
Enjoy the process and taste the fruit of success !!!
Banzai !!! :bsmilie:

thanks! very good point :thumbsup: i also forsee a probability we may be forced to organise labour week by week as people may not want to commit too early.

We will have to expect that, most problems would arrive from manpower. We will need to formulate a plan B if one does not turn up for duty.

btw, i have a portable mini fridge available, will come in good time like this.

*Ekin pm me your contact number

subsequent volunteers take note! when you PM me your interest to help, kindly assist me by giving me your full name (if you only want to be known by your nick it's ok) and what you will like to help. tentatively four major task booths need to be set up 1. registration 2. photographer 3. post processing (add border and words) 4. printing

donation collection will only be done by organising members. cheers!

Sjourn said:
point taken.... :mad2:

no worrys, you name he name or she name still OK, just give it a name. Anyway I think PhotoAid is better than ShootAid ;)

eikin said:
subsequent volunteers take note! when you PM me your interest to help, kindly assist me by giving me your full name (if you only want to be known by your nick it's ok) and what you will like to help. tentatively four major task booths need to be set up 1. registration 2. photographer 3. post processing (add border and words) 4. printing

donation collection will only be done by organising members. cheers!

hmm...

Andrew Ting
help with Registration (cos my skills really CANNOT MAKE IT!)
only on sundays...

ortega said:
I don't think so, the tripod would stand out enough
maybe if the sponsor has t-shirts that we can wear.

huh? :dunno:

thought tripod is facing a certain angle already, won't be carrying it walking around rite... with 1 camera fixated... sekali 1 guy wear dunno wat just walk over and take the camera away, den we was like, hmmm whos tat? your fren? :sweat:

hope sponsors would give free photo vest or maybe we could all make a small contribution, make a few badges, den if excess we use as donation? at least a badge is good for old time remembrance. ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
huh? :dunno:

thought tripod is facing a certain angle already, won't be carrying it walking around rite... with 1 camera fixated... sekali 1 guy wear dunno wat just walk over and take the camera away, den we was like, hmmm whos tat? your fren? :sweat:

hope sponsors would give free photo vest or maybe we could all make a small contribution, make a few badges, den if excess we use as donation? at least a badge is good for old time remembrance. ;)

don't worry, we will be easily identified. discuss later.

OK, HotSpots managed to book a room at Rivervale CC. we'll meet there from 2pm to 3pm. Please email/call/PM me if you need directions. cheers!

eikin said:
don't worry, we will be easily identified. discuss later.

OK, HotSpots managed to book a room at Rivervale CC. we'll meet there from 2pm to 3pm. Please email/call/PM me if you need directions. cheers!

Hmmm... its a pity I saw this late.... early *looking at the watch* actually. I seldom check this sub-forum.

I am keen too and are actually planning something in mind. Just got approval that I will receive 3 Donation Tin Cans from Singapore Red Cross this coming Monday through PAYM, as I am a YEC member of Yio Chu Kang Community Club.

Anyway, I don't have anything concrete in mind and maybe we can merge our ideas and resources?

You can give me a buzz at 98471589 :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the all the support but we need more volunteers to come in, drop me a PM. As of now i will close this thread as it is getting too long and too much information to digest for anyone who see this first time. Watch out for our new thread tomorrow afternoon. We will go into the next stage of operation, that is organising the manpower, and that is what the new thread will be for. Will keep everyone informed, cheers! everyone's doing a great job for this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.