Take a Picture and Donate to Tsunamis Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good initative. keep cool keep focused. Eikin, if you need manpower for shooting , or DI as spoken on PM contact me.

On equipment side if you need another reflector - large I can mobilise my own. Lightmeter too but I think you guys should work on Keep It Sweet and Simple basis.

Kay Chin - good wake up call for the troops.

1. STB is willing to give clearance with more information submitted (specific location of booths etc.) Thanks to HotSpots :thumbsup:

HotSpots and I will try to go down to site tomorrow to have pictures taken and draw up the maps. poohbear you want to come for night shoot?

2. Canon is processing our request for sponsorship, awaiting further instructions from them. Thanks to Wai :thumbsup:

3. Detailed plans have been submitted to Police, awaiting instructions as well, I will make a trip to the headquarter tomorrow in bid to speed things up.

4. 2 ClupSnap members have agreed to contribute images to our publicity posters. Thanks to Photoguy and singapurasteve :thumbsup: will give you more information if we are really using your images.

anything else to add from the rest?

we are still calling for small generators.

once we get the police permit, this thread will be closed and a new one will be set up to organise all resources on hand. 'training' will be conducted at one of our member's studio to simulate actual day workflow.

once again thanks to all who have showed support and encouragement, let's pray that we will clear the first hurdle and that this will take off. it will be a great learning experience for everyone.

Call for Dollar-to-Dollar donations

We are calling for any company or organisation that will like to support this event to pledge a Dollar-to-Dollar donation. Sponsorship credits will be mentioned on our posters for now, unless there are plans for other publicity medium, this will come at a later stage.

Thanks eikin for the update. Looks like what we discussed last night is starting to happen. Lets hope we can hit our target of starting this project by next weekend. Eikin would you like the honour of naming this project? After all, you "give birth to it". :) :) :)

Caussway said:
Guys this is very good. I'm keen to join, can help out. Unfortunately my boss is overseas otherwise can talk to him to loan our "large LCD monitors".

Large LCD monitors will be useful to display our work for potential donors to preview how the pictures will look like.

But the problem will be power supply, hopefully can get power source. I do have 2 x 20" LCD that can be used for this purpose. I have used them for similar event and the apple cinema display is a good attention grabber...tried and tested ;)

yqt said:
Thanks eikin for the update. Looks like what we discussed last night is starting to happen. Lets hope we can hit our target of starting this project by next weekend. Eikin would you like the honour of naming this project? After all, you "give birth to it".

:eek: not me?! should ask our chief designer ortega ;p ;)

eikin said:
1. STB is willing to give clearance with more information submitted (specific location of booths etc.) Thanks to HotSpots :thumbsup:

HotSpots and I will try to go down to site tomorrow to have pictures taken and draw up the maps. poohbear you want to come for night shoot?

2. Canon is processing our request for sponsorship, awaiting further instructions from them. Thanks to Wai :thumbsup:

3. Detailed plans have been submitted to Police, awaiting instructions as well, I will make a trip to the headquarter tomorrow in bid to speed things up.

4. 2 ClupSnap members have agreed to contribute images to our publicity posters. Thanks to Photoguy and singapurasteve :thumbsup: will give you more information if we are really using your images.

anything else to add from the rest?

we are still calling for small generators.

once we get the police permit, this thread will be closed and a new one will be set up to organise all resources on hand. 'training' will be conducted at one of our member's studio to simulate actual day workflow.

once again thanks to all who have showed support and encouragement, let's pray that we will clear the first hurdle and that this will take off. it will be a great learning experience for everyone.

Call for Dollar-to-Dollar donations

We are calling for any company or organisation that will like to support this event to pledge a Dollar-to-Dollar donation. Sponsorship credits will be mentioned on our posters for now, unless there are plans for other publicity medium, this will come at a later stage.

i'm free 2morrow night , but 1st ..... apply permit ..... will let u know later tonight after i come back from SLCC

good to see some progress. (cross posting with the original Aceh Photo thread as I now sure how to link it, sorry)

Thought you guys might be interested to hear this.

This afternoon, Hassan, executive director of Mercy Relief, (they are on way to Aceh tomo morning) called me from Medan to update on situation. He had met with various people, including govt officials.

One of the things the indonesians DID request for was what you guys suggested - for the corpses to be photographed for future ID purposes.

For a while we were discussing the logistics and I was hoping to contact all of you who have expressed interest.

I just called him again to check minutes ago and after much deliberation, they decided to drop the idea bec many bodies have decomposed beyond recognition.

I promise to keep you guys informed if situation changes again.

while I am at it, the priority items now in Aceh are body bags (lots and lots), medicines (all kinds, esp panadol or equal), shelter (tents), surgical/disposal gloves and masks. We are rushing shipment to Aceh on Friday, hope more of these items can make this trip. If you have them, pls send to 58, Lowland Road ASAP.

Lastly, ST photographer Terence Tan came by after on assignments for seven days in Phuket to help carry boxes and sort out medicines. We also got him to speak to volunteers about the situation there and how we all can help. I think most people felt assured that what they have been doing here in whatever small ways do count. He promises to come by again to help and to speak. Hope you guys can hear him talk too.

I have found a source for translation in Korean and Japanese for the signage, all I need now is the write up in English to proceed..... :cool:

The large LCD will be a crowd puller, but we have to get the power supply sorted out first. (at a leter date) Maybe the team going tonight can recce for possible power sources and location for printing booth. (under shelter in case of rain)

Translation? Cool, I will need the typesetting as well.
Chinese and malay as well please. I suggest that the poster be in a landscape orientation. (Stability and more space for information)

Sponsors. Their logo can also be place at the bottom of the picture
We have to decide on a standard software to do DI (Photoshop?)
How about contacting adobe as a possible sponsor, apple as well.

Sample photos : We need 2 sample photos for each possible angle, day and evening.

Shooting : I think that we shoud also decide on a standard on camera and photo size (pixels), this is to minimize the time taken to process and print the photos. Same type of camera will give same results and thus the post processing can be automated.

Printing booth: Maybe we should scale down our plans and have just 1 printing booth with 4 printers and 2 Notebooks. All the equipment to be in operation at the same time.

Please post if you have a better idea and or I missed out something.

I wish to volunteer myself as a photog if you still looking for one. I've a DSLR & tripod. I hope I'm not too late to do my part.

hi,
i have a contact in the relevant industry who might be willing to help. But let me know how everything goes first and the plans so i can propose to her...

great going guys...keep on keepin' on.

ps: email me tze69@yahoo.com if its urgent cos i may not hit this site often.

thanks for the help guys. We need it, or should I say they need it.
Once we get things organised, we will contact you again.
Or stay tuned to this tread for updates.

ortega said:
thanks for the help guys. We need it, or should I say they need it.
Once we get things organised, we will contact you again.
Or stay tuned to this tread for updates.

Bro , eng bo later meet up at merlion to discuss further

ekin bro , u have a updated list of helpers/volunteers ??

Hehe...good news. The power supply issue settled. STB just informed me that we can use the electrical power there for S$50 a day. Not too much...we can split amongst ourselves. S$10 each...take it as our own $$ contribution ;p

ortega said:
The large LCD will be a crowd puller, but we have to get the power supply sorted out first. (at a leter date) Maybe the team going tonight can recce for possible power sources and location for printing booth. (under shelter in case of rain)

Translation? Cool, I will need the typesetting as well.
Chinese and malay as well please. I suggest that the poster be in a landscape orientation. (Stability and more space for information)

Sponsors. Their logo can also be place at the bottom of the picture
We have to decide on a standard software to do DI (Photoshop?)
How about contacting adobe as a possible sponsor, apple as well.

Sample photos : We need 2 sample photos for each possible angle, day and evening.

Shooting : I think that we shoud also decide on a standard on camera and photo size (pixels), this is to minimize the time taken to process and print the photos. Same type of camera will give same results and thus the post processing can be automated.

Printing booth: Maybe we should scale down our plans and have just 1 printing booth with 4 printers and 2 Notebooks. All the equipment to be in operation at the same time.

Please post if you have a better idea and or I missed out something.

poohbear said:
Bro , eng bo later meet up at merlion to discuss further

what time are you guy/gals going there?

I have a small window of time that I can go there.
I have to be in Bukit timah at 7:30pm
So from 6pm to 7pm is fine with me.

HotSpots said:
Hehe...good news. The power supply issue settled. STB just informed me that we can use the electrical power there for S$50 a day. Not too much...we can split amongst ourselves. S$10 each...take it as our own $$ contribution ;p

great, so i guess we don't need the generators anymore.
as mentioned b4 the electricity from generators are not clean.
and less stuff to move around.

Hi people,

great initiative and moblisation of resources! I would like to help out in any way too. Got a DSLR and steady Manfrotto tripod. Can also get my family to help out at booth if needed.

PM me know meeting times, etc.

nikon_user said:
Hi people,

great initiative and moblisation of resources! I would like to help out in any way too. Got a DSLR and steady Manfrotto tripod. Can also get my family to help out at booth if needed.

PM me know meeting times, etc.

thank you for your utmost support and will let u know more details after tonight recce ..

ortega said:
what time are you guy/gals going there?

I have a small window of time that I can go there.
I have to be in Bukit timah at 7:30pm
So from 6pm to 7pm is fine with me.

eikin prolly now at cantoment complex liao .. wonder how it goes ...still waiting for his reply on timing ....

Status
Not open for further replies.