Taiwan trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'll be going there in dec. Just want to find out, which side is better to take pictures of sunset and sunrise and the harbour?
The shueishe center area or the youth corp hostels? they're opposide sides of the river and both got harbour i think. Cos i'm trying hard to decide which place to stay.
Right now learning towards shuieshe side. And may i know what time is the sunrise and sunset there?
I heard that u can actually go up higher ground by trekking the maolan trial to catch the sunrise. You tried that?

Hi Mystix, I was staying in shuieshe side, at Harbour resort hotel (日月潭碼頭休閒大飯店). The same row of hotels are facing the jetty and u will be able to see sunrise from the room balcony if u are staying in the lake-facing room. #10 was taken from my room balcony. Among the same row, 水沙蓮觀光飯店 is one with better view i think, #9 was taken from the lobby. Sunrise and sunset time are depending on the month u visit, Oct sunrise was at 6.30am during my visit. Think the hotel staff will be able to tell u, like for Alishan, they actually display the sunrise time in the lobby. For sunset, I managed to take one unprepared handheld view from shueishe tourist center (水社遊客中心), while I was purchasing my ticket to Taipei.

Sunset from shueishe tourist center (水社遊客中心)
SUNSET37.jpg

Last edited:
thanks alot for the info. i'm glad i've booked the shuieshe side in the end.
For alishan i'll try to find out more. Thanks!

Hi, also going to alishan. :p I booked the alishan youth activity centre. So wondering u know if that place is a good place to stay and catch the sunrise? I heard its quite way off and have to travel quite a bit.
Any recommendations of where to stay? And do u know if the forest rail train is back up and running? last i heard the tracks are under repair for quite a long time.

Alishan youth activity centre is 30 mins walking distance along the track to ZhaoPing train station and travel to ZhuShan for sunrise. another one will be 阿里山閣大飯店. From the rest of the hotel, u can take the wooden forest train (NT$100pp) to ZhaoPing Train station (abt 5 to 10 mins journey).
For YuShan sunrise, travelling by bus or mini van is a must, u can booked the van when u reahed there (NT$300pp), travelling time is abt 3 hours. The trip include star viewing (astrology appreciation), sea of clouds #1 if u are lucky, couple tree, the first light before sunrise #21, the Yu Shan sunrise, #3. Depending on the sunrise time, u may have to wake up at 3am. If u stay only one night there, YuShan is my recommendation.:thumbsup: The hotels actually will update sunrise time every evening.
The forest train tracks connecting JiaYi and Alishan was still down during my visit in Oct, so I actually took a bus up to Alishan from JiaYi and on the way visited Fen Qi Hu, the old town. the hotel staff told me it is unlikely to be ready before next year. U can get the update here.
It was already 7 degree back in Oct, for Dec, thicker clothing is a must. Enjoy urself there, let me know if u need any other info. :)

Last edited:
The first light (just before sunrise)
DSC_9931.jpg

The woods

DSC_01038.jpg

Fen Qi Hu Train station
DSC_9669.jpg

Fen Qi Hu coffee shop
DSC_9749.jpg

I am trying out adjusting saturation of different colour for above two photos, but not very good at it, please teach me if anything I can do to improve the images. Thanks:)

Nice, i love the simplicity in this shot. What time did you took this shot?

Thanks, rickygck. It was taken at abt 6am, just few secs prior to the sunrise.:)

西子湾, Kaoshiong
DSC_9569.jpg

六合夜市, KaoShiong
DSC_9643.jpg

:heart: Love the composition of all your shots.

KaoShiong, 天后宫
DSC_9586.jpg

Alishan ZhaoPing Train station
DSC_9802.jpg

Superb photos bro....Really love the composition in each and every photo....

Status
Not open for further replies.