Taipei shopping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Can anyone advice where is a good place to buy Gundam model kits in Taipei? Is it even worth buying in Taipei? Thanks!

Sep 2, 2006
Tampines
Go to XiMenDing, there's a building right across XiMenDing street that sells watches and japanese collectibles, games & model kits. Not sure of the name, however for model kits, you should go to Japan, it's about half the market price of Singapore's.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Go to XiMenDing, there's a building right across XiMenDing street that sells watches and japanese collectibles, games & model kits. Not sure of the name, however for model kits, you should go to Japan, it's about half the market price of Singapore's.

Thanks! I will check out Ximending when I am there next week. As for Japan...so far no travel plans to there yet.:)

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Finally went to the shopping plaza "万年商业大楼" at 西门町 a couple of hours ago. Wow, that place is scary...got to keep reminding myself to get out of there before I went broke....Now I have a new favourite must-go place in Taipei.

Bought 2 MG model kits...price is comparatively cheap...maybe because they are older models.

1. RX-78-4 GUNDAM G04 1/100 MG - NT$700

2. Destiny Gundam ZGMF-X42S 1/100 MG - NT$890

The boxes are really big, especially for the Destiny Gundam:

Cannot wait til I get home to start putting them together.

-Roy

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Do they have Gundam Seed Destiny, OO dvd or at Taipei? Hee
There are a few shops in that building that sells DVDs and comics, but I did not check what they have.

For DVDs another place to try might be 光华商场.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom