T-Shirt for MFT

Hi Ryan ,

Not a bad idea , there are actually 2 Club tees for the Fujifilm side : one generic and one customized with own name done up some time ago so for MFT side I'll leave this to the seniors like Wong ;)

Good idea, I want a MFT T-shirt as well. Sign me up if u guys r planning to do it.

I can help with the coordination part if there's more than enough pax, but the design part any volunteers?? :)

Last edited:
I can help with the coordination part if there's more than enough pax, but the design part any volunteers?? :)

I can accept any design. Worst come to worst, we just ride on Pentax's design and changed it to Panasonic or Olympus...

Do you think it's better to combine oly & panny in one tshirt or separate ?

Thanks

I can accept any design. Worst come to worst, we just ride on Pentax's design and changed it to Panasonic or Olympus... Do you think it's better to combine oly & panny in one tshirt or separate ? Thanks

Wow! Talk about being blatant.

I can accept any design. Worst come to worst, we just ride on Pentax's design and changed it to Panasonic or Olympus...

Would not be appropriate or meaningful to 'ride' on the other design. If you look at the concept, it's based on a certain identity, history and culture that is unique to pentax, that pentax users identify with. Even if the designer behind that shirt agrees, it wouldn't make sense for your MFT shirt. It's like putting slapping a nikon logo on a canon shirt with a canon tagline, or vice versa.

Suggest if you are keen on this idea, start to brainstorm some concepts/designs that would be unique for a MFT identity. Think about what MFT means to you, or represents, maybe you (or whoever else is interested) can think of something suitable. :)

If your focus is on the MFT system, maybe neither ;p since your key focus is the system (MFT), not the companies.

Seen this on ebay before:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. If wana come out w T-shirt, best is focus on mft and not companies...

This is a great idea! Sign me in! :)

Maybe focus on MFT's strengths and add a cute tag line to it (like: just always slightly faster than u)

Structural wise as some shared , some designs first then maybe a vote and we can move onto the print :)

I'll prefer one unifying MFT tee , rather than end up with a brand as Sigma , Oly , Pana , Voigtlander , Kodak all make lenses for MFT lol

Wow! Talk about being blatant.
Haha ... that was a comment made in jest lah ... just desperate to get a mft t-shirt lah ... lol :bsmilie:

Maybe focus on MFT's strengths and add a cute tag line to it (like: just always slightly faster than u)

Structural wise as some shared , some designs first then maybe a vote and we can move onto the print :)

I'll prefer one unifying MFT tee , rather than end up with a brand as Sigma , Oly , Pana , Voigtlander , Kodak all make lenses for MFT lol

Ok boss, totally agreed ...

Count me in !

$c_mft_benefit_vi_01.gif

$Micro-Four-Thirds.jpg

Think all of these should be copyright protected.
Might need to ask for permission somewhere ? (Olympus or Panasonic ??)

Thanks

Anyways, still need someone to do the design before any next steps. U want to volunteer for this and other logistics works? If there's no strong objections from others, I would take it as yes :) Which also brings us to the question raised below.

View attachment 10666

View attachment 10667

Think all of these should be copyright protected.
Might need to ask for permission somewhere ? (Olympus or Panasonic ??)

Copyrighted yes. http://www.four-thirds.org/en/policy/index.html
"Except for printing or storage for individual use or for other actions approved by the copyright laws, it constitutes a violation of the copyright laws to duplicate, transfer, distribute, modify, delete or otherwise alter the website data, etc. without permission from the Four Thirds product manufacturing companies, original author and/or other copyright owner"
So this case, it's just personal use, are we absolved from copyright laws? I can check with Olympus marketing on this too to be sure.

Last edited:
No objections to Ryan doing design, but must be nice one hor, I don't want copy paste, like that I go buy the Canon printer paper, plain shirt, print and iron myself can liao

I do like the Pentax group designs a lot as it shows their individuality ;) (especially the sheep one)

just for reference , this is how the Fuji group one's look like:

24896166920_ea67d9fb69_b.jpg

3 designs: a more basic one, a more complicated one and lastly, one can also choose to print one's name on it.

Reading the MFT core website, i realized the concep for MFT is :'High-picture quality digital-dedicated design'

Last edited:
... still need someone to do the design before any next steps. U want to volunteer for this and other logistics works? If there's no strong objections from others, I would take it as yes :)

No objections to Ryan doing design, but must be nice one hor, I don't want copy paste, like that I go buy the Canon printer paper, plain shirt, print and iron myself can liao

Aiyoh ... mai hai wa leh ... I can't draw for nuts, let alone design ... I cannot draw or design to save my own life leh ... :dunno:

I think wonglp or keith should design leh because you're both the experts and whom we look up to ... i promise whatever you design, I will accept, swee boh ? :bsmilie:

Simi logic? That's like saying a famous and professional chef, whatever woodwork he makes also can accept, even if it's a chair with 2 legs below and 1 above. Now a lot of design digital, can one. Got software can convert photos into drawing also

Simi logic? That's like saying a famous and professional chef, whatever woodwork he makes also can accept, even if it's a chair with 2 legs below and 1 above. Now a lot of design digital, can one. Got software can convert photos into drawing also

Logic of someone who will ask for a lot but not willing to step up when push comes to shove. Seen too many of such people in my line of work.

to kick the ball rolling ...

Overall

Nothing is for free and talk is cheap. So if we want something done we gotta chip in.

Logistics

Wong and me can help with finding the vendor and collection.

Design:

so maybe we have some ideas for the Tee design.

everyone, what is it about MFT that makes u love it?

For me its definitely :

1. Its weight to performance ratio is excellent.
2. Superb AF (speed and accuracy)
3. Easy to enter system. One can get a EPL or GM1 kit for lesser than half a grand and start MFT.
4. Choices are great. We started with the 14-42R lenses (which is horrible by today standards to now the Pro lenses like the O 300/4)
5. ....

Pls just copy and paste your suggestions forward

Last edited: