Sunset by the river

Status
Not open for further replies.

andante

Jun 6, 2007
P1060533.jpg

Hi, I hope to be critiqued for this shot taken along Singapore River. This is was taken as I was walking along the bridge.
What I wanted to capture in this shot are the beautiful colors of the sunset skies. I felt I've captured the colors pretty well. How can I make the colors stand out more?
Composition wise, I used the 1/3 rule for the buildings and sky. Is there any mistake for positioning the boat in the middle?
Exposure wise, I have a problem with my pns. How can I properly expose both the buildings and the skies at the same time?

Here's some settings
Panasonic Fz8
6mm f/5 1/15s

thanks

HDR or ND filters i think.

Few ways to get better colours.

In-camera:- set the White Balance to the "cloudy" mode, OR increase saturation.

On-camera: - ND filter or circular polariser

On Photoshop:- copy a layer of the background photo and set it to "contrast"

The colour of your shot is very natural, very nice. HDR would have made everything too clear in this case and the focus of the eyes of viewers would be lost. Only 1 little suggestion, in photoshop, straighten the building. It's leaning inwards due to the lens.
To avoid this is a $2000 answer called the tilt-shift lens.

Nick

Few ways to get better colours.

In-camera:- set the White Balance to the "cloudy" mode, OR increase saturation.

On-camera: - ND filter or circular polariser

On Photoshop:- copy a layer of the background photo and set it to "contrast"

The colour of your shot is very natural, very nice. HDR would have made everything too clear in this case and the focus of the eyes of viewers would be lost. Only 1 little suggestion, in photoshop, straighten the building. It's leaning inwards due to the lens.
To avoid this is a $2000 answer called the tilt-shift lens.

Nick

Thanks for the tips. I wonder if it is possible to be able to see such sunset colors again.
Anyway I did try to straighten the building on the left but it made my horizon look really slanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.