Jun 15, 2010
Singapore, Tampines
IMG_01523.jpg

1. What area is critique to be sought?
- How are the Lighting and composition.
- Whether there's too much silhouette.
- Whether it's too dark.
- Whether the picture has a balanced feel

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Hope to achieve a nice sunset scene with good lighting and composition.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- Evening nice sky with sun and clouds after raining. Cool, Mystery, Calm and Relaxing situation.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
- I like the sun, the rays and the clouds.
- The beautiful clouds pattern, added to the beauty and relaxing feeling to the picture.
- The sun position itself nicely behind the clouds, added cool and mystery feeling to the picture.
- The ray that reflect from the water, added to the calm feeling to the picture.
and
- The platform with people fishing added extra composition to the picture.
- Own Feeling : After a long week of stress work, having such a beautiful scene, make me feel much relaxing and calm.

I want to find out whether I am reading a scene right, and portraying it correctly, and what/where else can I improve.

foreground seems very dark

I suggest getting nearer to the water ........ it seems nicely lit by the sun

i guess you did either center weighted or multi zone metering?

the 2 extreme levels of lighting is fooling your exposure meter..... consider using AEL in either spot or center weighted mode to get a reading of a specific area which you would like properly exposed

-soft
-low contrast
-dark

+but i think the compo is there

composition is everything - even if the foreground is not dark, i can't see any effort put into organising the foreground.

if you are overwhelmed by the sky, you can just throw out the ground and reflections altogether, and just focus on the sky. not every sky can stand alone, but this one might be sufficiently interesting to stand on its own.

like others have mentioned, the huge amount of blacks at the bottom suggests underexposure. a gnd would help somewhat here in that particular aspect.

Image is soft, and the mass of black below is not aiding into the composition, what i'd suggest that you walk towards the barrier, concentrate on the reflection on the reservior and just the sunset alone in landscape would be sufficient to bring the image strong. You had great clouds, great sunset colors what you are lacking here probably is a good composition to bring it out.

Should have taken in landscape mode.

You may really want to look into the composition.

To TS, what time you took this? I like the pics.. but yes i agree a bit darker in the ground.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your C&C. I happy to have you all to enlightment me.

Kindly C&C also on my another thread of the same sunset as the link below....;);)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731030

thanks

To maybe able to obtain the beautiful cloud pattern, after a long (about 1-2 hours) heavy rainfall, especially after the late afternoon (6pm-7.30pm).

Let C&C continue for my inprovement... thanks....