Sunpak 383S VS Emoblitz DS328AZ Auto Digital Flashgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha....nvm, its ok. Dont take it seriously.

What's the trigger voltage for Emoblitz Flash? Looks like Sunpak 383S is hard to find around the town. Did Achiever flash have non dedicated swivel and tilt head?

Personally tested my Achiever 115A/S Flash unit, trigger voltage hovering around 4-5volt!

Achiever is good... But u need to diffuse it if not u tend to get over exposed. Hehe. If not fast shutter speed also can make it :cool:

Achiever cannot tilt/ swivel. kekeke

guys, hope this isn't OT. is there such a thing as a slave flash that can tilt and swivel? any recommendations?

tao said:
guys, hope this isn't OT. is there such a thing as a slave flash that can tilt and swivel? any recommendations?

Emoblitz DS328AZ has Slave function for digital cam without hotshoe.
It can tilt and swive and a straight mounting bracket is provided in
the flash package.
Another 2 Slave flash are the Suntax 9000TS and Kako 9000ETS,
both flash also come with the straight bracket.
Price range from $60 to $75 for brand new set, and around $40 to $45
for a nuse set in B&S.

went to AP today, some idiot quoted me $130 for emoblitz DS328AZ!! :angry:

direwuff said:
went to AP today, some idiot quoted me $130 for emoblitz DS328AZ!! :angry:

I just brought one at MS colour for $60.. gonna use it on my FZ5 using the bracket provided. If I want to use the slave flash to bounce off the ceiling, how to prevent the camera's flash from shooting straight while still able to set off the slave flash? Cover the flash with film?

Vstrom said:
I just brought one at MS colour for $60.. gonna use it on my FZ5 using the bracket provided. If I want to use the slave flash to bounce off the ceiling, how to prevent the camera's flash from shooting straight while still able to set off the slave flash? Cover the flash with film?

you can cover it with IR filter/exposed 35mm film or stick something there to block the flash and direct it to the slave trigger..

so among these 3, which is better ??

all can tilt and turn izzit ??

currently using Suntax 328 DTZ..

can only tilt up and down... :(

Ya, have the same question as Kenneth. Currently the 3 popular flash models for Lumix are:

Suntax 328DTZ
Sunpak 383 Super
Emoblitz 328 AZ

Which is the most value for money? Approximately how much for each model? And I thought Emoblitz AZ trigger voltage isn't good for FZ20? Too high right? Sorry ah... :angel: quite a dilemma choosing which flash unit's better... :sweat:

Sunpak 383 Super => where can i get it cheapest? It's a guide number 38 flash isn't it?
that'll be the one i'm aiming for!!

unseen said:
Sunpak 383 Super => where can i get it cheapest? It's a guide number 38 flash isn't it?
that'll be the one i'm aiming for!!

can this be used as a slave flash??

direwuff said:
can this be used as a slave flash??
eh.. dunno leh.. hope it can be...
at most spend a bit more buy a slave unit ba...

karnage said:
Ya, have the same question as Kenneth. Currently the 3 popular flash models for Lumix are:

Suntax 328DTZ
Sunpak 383 Super
Emoblitz 328 AZ

Which is the most value for money? Approximately how much for each model? And I thought Emoblitz AZ trigger voltage isn't good for FZ20? Too high right? Sorry ah... :angel: quite a dilemma choosing which flash unit's better... :sweat:

Emoblitz 328 is below 6 volts... it is written on the box...

Where got sell Sunpak 383 Super... i only see them on websites...? Any shop selling and how much...

4 more models worth considering for camera with hotshoe

1) Metz 32z1
2) Metz 32z2 (these 2 are old models, doubt can still find in shops.)
3) Vivitar 283
4) Vivitar 285HV (This one have slightly more control than the above)

Hong Jia said:
Emoblitz 328 is below 6 volts... it is written on the box...

Where got sell Sunpak 383 Super... i only see them on websites...? Any shop selling and how much...

4 more models worth considering for camera with hotshoe

1) Metz 32z1
2) Metz 32z2 (these 2 are old models, doubt can still find in shops.)
3) Vivitar 283
4) Vivitar 285HV (This one have slightly more control than the above)

am looking for a flash that can turn and tilt...

and must be good on fz20.. must not FRIED my cam.. :D

anyway, maybe we could do a small MO on ONE flash that everything agree..

cheap, good and affordable..

:think: wat that hokkien phrase ??

" ai pee, ai qee, ai toa liap ni "

jaix said:
Wah... the price is :bigeyes: .

I think the cheapest price I've read so far is $55 from AP SLS.

The salesman must be something wrong or is mistaken. It's on the shelf displayed, just point out to him... I got it at $55 at Alan Photo Sim Lim Square. earlier part of this mth.

i think if you guys want a cheap and ok performing flash.. get the emoblitz. c/w tilt and swivel...
more $$$, get the metz...but have to get it second hand...like HJ and i did...or the vivitar...this one is a tie...

sunpak is damn friggin ex...but of cos, if you have the $$$, might as well get the FL28 from panasonic... :cool:

codling said:
i think if you guys want a cheap and ok performing flash.. get the emoblitz. c/w tilt and swivel...
more $$$, get the metz...but have to get it second hand...like HJ and i did...or the vivitar...this one is a tie...

sunpak is damn friggin ex...but of cos, if you have the $$$, might as well get the FL28 from panasonic... :cool:

u mean Emoblitz 328 AZ ??

metz which model ??

wrx_sti_22b said:
The salesman must be something wrong or is mistaken. It's on the shelf displayed, just point out to him... I got it at $55 at Alan Photo Sim Lim Square. earlier part of this mth.

no i think he is out to con me.. cos i am rather young.. this guy is a young looking guy also.. when he quoted me 130 i was like :eek: and asked whether he's sure then he said the cost price oso three digit already... definitely out to chop my carrot head.. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.