Sunpak 383S VS Emoblitz DS328AZ Auto Digital Flashgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where selling Sunpak flashes...?

not too sure where to get sunpak flashes...apart from B&H...might wanna try TCW?

HJ has the 32Z2 whereas i have the 32Z1...think the difference would be the guide number. HJ's one is more powerful if i m not mistaken.

i think any of flashes would be able to work, provided it is a standard ISO flash (center pin) and of course, be careful with the triggervoltage. oh, forgot to mention, try to get the flash with zoom....useful when you need to shoot faraway scenes while utilizing that long zoom lens of yours...
tried my friend's canon EX420 TTL flash...the fz20 managed to fire it off, damn powerful though...cos it doesnt have Auto modes, or at least i didnt know how to activate it.

I think they are about the same lehz... do u have the zoom lever...? the one can put to change from 28 -> 35 -> 50 -> 85.... looks the same lehz...

Quite accurate for f2.8 1/60...

So i think there is no different between z1 and z2...

haben got a chance to do macro yet.... i lend my camera out this weekend... no camera... maybe at changi boardwalk...

1/200 seem a bit too fast for macro.... have u tried 1/125 or 1/80...

My model when i trying out the flash... This one i think is slightly overexposure.
Should be f2.8 1/60s

normal_P1000064%20crop.jpg

codling said:
not too sure where to get sunpak flashes...apart from B&H...might wanna try TCW?

HJ has the 32Z2 whereas i have the 32Z1...think the difference would be the guide number. HJ's one is more powerful if i m not mistaken.

i think any of flashes would be able to work, provided it is a standard ISO flash (center pin) and of course, be careful with the triggervoltage. oh, forgot to mention, try to get the flash with zoom....useful when you need to shoot faraway scenes while utilizing that long zoom lens of yours...
tried my friend's canon EX420 TTL flash...the fz20 managed to fire it off, damn powerful though...cos it doesnt have Auto modes, or at least i didnt know how to activate it.

think cathay sells..

direwuff said:
think cathay sells..

If Sunpak 383 Super, don't think they got sell.
Check before last time when I was looking for it.
Now not sure whether CP got bring in.. ;)

So Emoblitz DS328AZ is the better choice? I heard from Florence (MS Color) that Vivitar flash is powerful. Can be used even when u zoom up to 12x. But price is higher too.

Anyways, does Emoblitz 328 have a black one? Florence told me only got the silvery-gold one...

Only in silver & black. My FZ 20 is in silver & goes with it incidentally. The flash head can extend and the spec says it can reach 11.5m. Can illuminate quite far lah, i tried at a fashion runway show event a week ago.

one of my friend recently got the Emoblitz 728AFN...think its the more powerful version of the Emo.328...
i must say, after using my metz...the build quility of the 728 is quite disappointing...plasticky feel and the swivel and tilt doesnt feel as solid...but what to do...its a cheap and effective...incidentally, the 728 has TTL mode to use with Nikon's...for the $60+ price tag...cant complain much....
not too sure about the Emo 328 but the 728 doesnt have any Auto modes...

The Emoblitz DS328AZ dun have TTL lah. Only 1 point connector. It's purely a slave flash.

wrx_sti_22b said:
Only in silver & black. My FZ 20 is in silver & goes with it incidentally.

You mean Emoblitz DS328AZ has black one? :bigeyes: Where can I find it? I asked MS Color & SLS Alan Photo, both say only got silver one... I think it's a good flash, can even turn all the way backwards.

karnage said:
You mean Emoblitz DS328AZ has black one? :bigeyes: Where can I find it? I asked MS Color & SLS Alan Photo, both say only got silver one... I think it's a good flash, can even turn all the way backwards.

It is not in full silver but with some part black..

Oh... ok. :cry: Pity. I was looking for an all black one. Otherwise it'd look funny on my black FZ-20. Oh wells, I guess I have to compromise on the looks abit if I want a better flash than Suntax... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.