[SunChasersSG] Newbies Outing Photo (Part 21) - Sunrise @ Marina Bay 27 Nov 2010

my final submission, the coloured and original version of the b&w, no pp straight ooc...
not uploading anymore, as it the same as the others... all too similar... hehe
5211167693_a1881aeba8_t.jpg

why you so paiseh...?

I think this is your shot of the day.:thumbsup:
In my opinion, this one gives a very different feel than the rest here so far..... it seems to work better than your black and white.

PS. Your horizontal and verticals are indeed straight as it should be.... checked with my ps. ;)

think i am gonna be bomb by everyone... yet to do anything yet...
had a lousy day after veh inspection yester ....

Thanks for CT for squeezing me in for the outing :D

75130_472119021925_554246925_5684021_5525577_n.jpg

why you so paiseh...?

I think this is your shot of the day.:thumbsup:
In my opinion, this one gives a very different feel than the rest here so far..... it seems to work better than your black and white.

PS. Your horizontal and verticals are indeed straight as it should be.... checked with my ps. ;)

thanks dude, for the comment....

my final submission, the coloured and original version of the b&w, no pp straight ooc...
not uploading anymore, as it the same as the others... all too similar... hehe
5211167693_a1881aeba8_t.jpg
Bro Akerue, like your colour version for this shot..different hues work nicely. Like the composition :thumbsup: to capture mbs without the crowding structure to the left & right is not easy. Putting it in portrait mode with the extra sky and water give the feeling of extra space around MBS (which we know is not true in real-life).. Not sure if my assumptions is what you want to capture..

Hihi all,

2. Thought of including the rail for a change for tis pano, to attain a frame within frame shot rather those a boring pano with no foreground anchoring element..

5211316727_9e7f73fe1b_t.jpg

NNM - :thumbsup: like the use of the railing to bring in viewer's attention to your picture.. creative.

Bro Akerue, like your colour version for this shot..different hues work nicely. Like the composition :thumbsup: to capture mbs without the crowding structure to the left & right is not easy. Putting it in portrait mode with the extra sky and water give the feeling of extra space around MBS (which we know is not true in real-life).. Not sure if my assumptions is what you want to capture..

thanks bro, secretly i been trying to shoot the mbs in portrait orientation for quite some time, finally i get it to do it yesterday, im glad u like..... and yesh u nail it on ya assumptions... save me a write up trying to explain to why i took this shot... hehehehe..

nice meeting u man...:bsmilie:

ZCA, thanks for timely reminder, I now remember that I miss the posting of one shoot :) CT, guess you are being stalked ;p :thumbsup: organiser (p.s. CT - I guess you know how to get the larger version)
5211858258_fe890be49c_z.jpg

look at the gearhead... impressive... heheheheh...

CT this look good bro, u need to use it for FB profile pic..

good shot ClemC....

Yes bro, flickr does do some compression that can darken a picture slightly. It happened to me just this morning. Anyway best to adjust your monitor. Did you try dpreview's guide? you should be able to see separation for the 3 darkest blocks and 3 lightest blocks as well.
Yo Bro, I have color chart (with grayscale bar).. Have noted dpreview's guide as well. Need to finish up some post-processing work.. monitor thread later..

nice meeting u man...:bsmilie:
Bro, good to have met up.. looking forward to next shoot..OK..

look at the gearhead... impressive... heheheheh...
CT this look good bro, u need to use it for FB profile pic....
Sorry CT, I was focusing on the gearhead, the person using the tripod was the unwanted extra..:D

JOKE, JOKE, ok..

Many thanks to coolthoughts for organizing this early morning outing and many thanks to all the sifus - Albert, Jacobs, and others that I am still not familiar with their names as this is the first outing with all the whose who in landscape photography, for their invaluable tips on good photography.
These are my humble shots. Please C&C so that I can improve in this hobby.
Thanks and cheers.
God Bless.
LEW

#04 ALL HARD@WORK

That's all folks.

for #01 and #02, since this is not a silhouette shot, I find that the buildings tends to be a bit too dark and underexposed. Just look at other photos and compare with yours. Can't think of anything to help on this as there isn't any exif. Probably iso...

#01, Your horizontals are straight but the verticals lean in. This is simple because you pointed the camera slightly up creating a perspective distortion which is not desirable for this case. If you look at mine #01, it look straight after I did 2 corrections, lens distortion and perspective distortion were corrected during pp.

Generally I can see that you are trying hard to decide which part of the frame to start and end and trying to include both the flyer and MBS so that it will look good. You can use DD123 #01 as a good example of getting the whole photo looks balanced.

ehh... why leh?

noise performance is it? :bsmilie:

It is not just noise.... the overall "feel"...
and becos I got "influence" by all the thread indicating that take better photo with better camera... :sweat:

it is still the person behind it....

Newbi's photos. Comments please. Thanks to coolthought and ZCA's coaching earlier.

pic 1
5210292781_f6b16b0434_t.jpg

pic 2
5210896060_24d7de70a3_t.jpg

Overall, your photos looks ok.
Area of improvement.
1 and 2, the verticals like the buildings, lamp post and flyer has a slight but discernible leaning inwards. This is probably because you are at the widest and seems like there is some lens distortion plus maybe the camera is point slightly upwards. Probably can get rid during pp.

No exif data.... since you are using your tripod, always set your iso to the lowest natural base like either iso 100 or 200. You will find that your photo iq will noticeably improved.

Bro, nice shot of the sun emerging from the clouds.

Edit: Do you think its possible to clone out the walkway from merlion park on the right? Think it would look better without it

This is a nice sequence! I like the colours.
the merlion park jetty is a bit intrusive though... Content aware!!!

did thought of getting rid of it.... hmmm....:think:
Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the Coolthought and SunChaser for organizing this gathering. Good sign-up by Clubsnappers and good turn-out. These are some of my shots for today's outing.

1. Twilight

2. Sun behind the clouds

3. Morning glow

2. looks soft.
3. looks softer still. You can try to prefocus your camera first and set it to manual focus before carefully putting on your nd filter.