Suggestions for camera bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinciad

Oct 13, 2002
not so northeast.
Visit site
Hi, do you all have any suggestions for a compact camera bag for a canon eos300 plus 1 or 2 extra lens? Would be using it for travelling ...eg hiking,cycling. any extra info would be appreciated in advance. did i leave out anything? :)

my usual recommendation - Lowepro Mini Trekker... can strap on a tripod/monopod some more... :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Kinciad
lol... okie :)

but would u be able to tell me the cost and where i might get it best from? :D

Can get from Cathay Photo. Price should be about $120 if i dont remember wrongly. :)

Originally posted by Klipsch
Can get from Cathay Photo. Price should be about $120 if i dont remember wrongly. :)
yup, should be about that price. it's a very hot item, almost always sold out or out of stock. i was just at CP this evening however, and i think i saw one on the shelves. black one.

that the only one there is?..

looks like it will break my small bank.. :(
* big hole from my recent eos300 purchase *

any other suggestions? can pouches take more than one lens?

if not then i'll have to start saving up! :dunno:

actually what kinda lenses you using? that would determine how much space you need.

if you need something smaller, try the Lowepro Micro Trekker (smaller version of the Mini Trekker without the tripod holder) or the Lowepro Off Road? i personally used the Off Road for years before my gear became too much to load into it.

well actually i plan to have one zoom (75-300mm / 28-90mm) and one prime lens (50mm / 20mm) when i travel. Or at least a 28-90mm if it can carry only one cam+lens setup. am i being vague? or is it unreasonable? pls advise. thanks :embrass:

well and space for a few rolls of film! :)

hmmm... best advice. lug all your gear down to CP and try out the bags. think they're pretty used to it by now... that way u'll be sure what size/style of bag you need.

Thumbs up to the Lowepro Mini Trekker too :thumbsup: It's a pretty nifty bag with a "hidden" tripod slot. Good for travelling because I usually carry only one body, 3 primes, a cobra-head flash and a manfrotto tripod, which leaves loads of space for film, water, sandwiches and other items. Bought mine from Jn 3:16 for $120. The full capacity of the main compartment is one body with a 80-200 lens, second body with a smaller lens, 4 more lens compartments on each side. Anyway, the partitions are removable so you can customise the way you put things.

Microtrekker was a bit too small for me because I needed more space than my camera equipment for other stuff as mentioned.

Go to http://www.lowepro.com and look under backpacks

andrew

Originally posted by Kinciad
well.. i took a look at the lowepro site ...maybe considering the off road.. thanks for all the help guys :)
if they don't have stock, you can try out on mine... still lying around at home somewhere. interested to get a second hand one? it's still in good (not mint) condition...

thanks for the offer larry.. :)

i will be taking a look around first. Probably will get yours because of budget constraints. Been overspending :p

will pm you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.