Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

Who suffered from recent meltdown?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
loaded SPC (Singapore Petroleum) today.

dropped cheap from 9 dollars plus to low of $7.50 :thumbsup:

STI cheong 43 points today. :bsmilie:

Use my friend as a yarkstick. He has started his shopping spree to buy camera gear again in CS by using the profits. This shows that he has made tonnes from the market.

Buy those good quality stocks now for next year rally.

hear this wisdom ! earn or save up the money first and then buy the gear.

dun depend on credit cards.. :think:

hear this wisdom ! earn or save up the money first and then buy the gear.

dun depend on credit cards.. :think:

True, he realised his gains and took the money to buy camera equipment, not using credit card, so it debt free.

STI continue to cheong today. When people think that the market is bearish, it will reverse. Those who went in 1-2 weeks ago all made handsome profits.

True, he realised his gains and took the money to buy camera equipment, not using credit card, so it debt free.

STI continue to cheong today. When people think that the market is bearish, it will reverse. Those who went in 1-2 weeks ago all made handsome profits.

i took profits today ! now aiming some china blue chips, for first quater of 2008, look only to china big caps, forget the rest.

Didn't see you around here 1 to 2 weeks ago when the market lau sai leh. :sweatsm:

Window dressing period is here!

Didn't see you around here 1 to 2 weeks ago when the market lau sai leh. :sweatsm:

Window dressing period is here!

Of course, I am around even when the market tumbled. I didn't bother to post, that's all.

There are always reasons for market to go and down. Window dressing is just one good excuse.

Our dear friend raincool2005 made profits despite the up and down. He is realy a Pro in trading. :thumbsup:

Of course, I am around even when the market tumbled. I didn't bother to post, that's all.

There are always reasons for market to go and down. Window dressing is just one good excuse.

Our dear friend raincool2005 made profits despite the up and down. He is realy a Pro in trading. :thumbsup:

I think he got lots of moola, if loose, no problems cause got lots more stashed away somewhere else to try again. Not like me got no money, so always try to reach out to people to work hard instead. :p

I think he got lots of moola, if loose, no problems cause got lots more stashed away somewhere else to try again. Not like me got no money, so always try to reach out to people to work hard instead. :p

I think that you are right to say that. Rich people always get richer.

I am just like you, no money to invest, so can only advise.

my 2cent view
i would get it while it is low and sell when we have 5-15% profit
this is how waren buff(hope i spell his name correctly) make his $$

prepare for CNY rally in 2008.:thumbsup:

Year end rally too. Today, STI cheong again! :thumbsup:

I can see smiles from investors again, the wait is over. They are all making handsome profits.

STI can easily recovered all the losses within a few days. It has since up more than 100 points.

No money to buy SembCorp and SembMar, they cheong like nobody buisness. Those who have faith in them shall be rewarded despite the recent saga.

Year end rally too. Today, STI cheong again! :thumbsup:

I can see smiles from investors again, the wait is over. They are all making handsome profits.

STI can easily recovered all the losses within a few days. It has since up more than 100 points.

No money to buy SembCorp and SembMar, they cheong like nobody buisness. Those who have faith in them shall be rewarded despite the recent saga.

u can take a look at Cosco. it is forming a base around 685

The FED Meeting is it tonite?

90% of market rise happens in 10% of the days.

Stay invested, but don't put in money that you will need in the next five years.

It is futile to time the bottom or top. You will lose in the end.

my 2cent view
i would get it while it is low and sell when we have 5-15% profit
this is how waren buff(hope i spell his name correctly) make his $$

It Warren Buffet, and No, that is not how he makes his money.
He invests for the long long long term and sell at multiples of the original price, not a mere 5-15%.

GIC became the limelight today again by injecting 10 billions into UBS.

GIC is one lof the largest buyers in the world. Our government is definitely one of the riches govt in the world.

GIC is managing more than 100 billions Singapore foreign reserves. :thumbsup:

The 9% pa that GIC gets from UBS is really good business for GIC when you take into account the quality of UBS. There is of course a risk of further write downs, but UBS is already the most conservative in terms of making provisions for sub-prime losses.

The 9% pa that GIC gets from UBS is really good business for GIC when you take into account the quality of UBS. There is of course a risk of further write downs, but UBS is already the most conservative in terms of making provisions for sub-prime losses.

in addition, they bought in US dollars which is cheap now ; 1.44 compared to 1.70 a few years back, imagine how much gains are on GLC side.

a Swiss bank is a gem, unlike American ones, there will be a United States of Europe in 2-3 years time due to strong euro and strong political climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.