Street Shooting - Any Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

Thinking of doing some street shooting on one of the weekdays, maybe starting tomorrow...

Any suggestions on where to shoot and what to shoot? I have shot at Little India before...

1) Little India - shophouses, temple, people, bright colours and patterns;
2)

Anywhere oso can, as long your are out of your house ;)

hi, i m oso in street photography, if u r like me who travel by bus & train u might 1 2 look up d street directory like a food menu 2 c where catches ur interests.
shoot by location, topic (eg. nostalgia, contemporary, detailz, etc). or do my fav activity of going up d highest level of a HBD flat & snap some pics! :bsmilie:

nemesis32 said:
Any suggestions on where to shoot and what to shoot? I have shot at Little India before...

I think only you can answer this question yourself.

The important question you need to ask yourself is "what interest you"?

Are you interested in the Indians and Bangladeshi and their compacted lifestyle in little India? Even there, are you interested in the people? or the colors? or religious ceremonies? or architecture? or chaos? or sheer humanity?

Finf out what interest you, and then make images of those things. The images will likely be more interesting than things which others suggest, but of which you have no interest.

student said:

Are you interested in the Indians and Bangladeshi and their compacted lifestyle in little India? Even there, are you interested in the people? or the colors? or religious ceremonies? or architecture? or chaos? or sheer humanity?

Finf out what interest you, and then make images of those things. The images will likely be more interesting than things which others suggest, but of which you have no interest.

:thumbsup:

student said:

To an extent i agree with you. However the reason why i wanted to do street photography is the fact that i seldom do street photography hence the need for some suggestions and ideas from people that do it.

Of course it will be great if i know precisely what i wanted to shoot but i dun think it's possible all the time. I wanted to consider and try all possibilities. Even if it's something that i dun usually shoot or not my type of tea, i am still willing to try it out before rejecting. That's my way of learning.

nemesis32 said:
Hi guys

Thinking of doing some street shooting on one of the weekdays, maybe starting tomorrow...

2)

hi nemesis....

some suggestions for street shooting:
1. back alleys - tend to be less crowded and cluttered than main roads. good for the gritty street feel.
2. parks/beaches - good for a variety of people/subjects at play, in love, fishing etc.
3. along the sidewalk - look out for beautiful people, people doing funny things, lovers, public performance, commotion, interesting store displays etc.
4. any other public place

what to shoot?
1. similarities - in colour, textures, shapes, expressions, emotions
2. contrasts - as above
3. decisive moments - the kiss, yawn, mid-air leap, stolen glance etc.
4. artistic street abstracts - use your imagination and creativity here!

hope this helps!

Thanks Zaren for the suggestions... Will definitely try it out one of these days.

Street photography happens in the street. What more can I say?

whats the real meaning of street photography ? can someone teach me ? count me in for this if theres any outing

nemesis32 said:
Hi guys

2)

hey lesl,

count me in if you are going to street shoot.

maybe we can even just go in pairs to different designated areas to shoot, then meet up to share photos. I think that will be fun and can see how others view the world through their photos. It will be interesting.

nemesis32 said:
Hi guys

2)

SOMETHING NOBODY HAS DONE... Geylang night life... SERIOUS...:what:

I think this is one subject extremely difficult to shoot... yet alone make it look professional... maybe a very grundge back alley look...

Provide you no kenna hum tum by all the ah pek...

arampan said:
SOMETHING NOBODY HAS DONE... Geylang night life... SERIOUS...:what:

I think this is one subject extremely difficult to shoot... yet alone make it look professional... maybe a very grundge back alley look...

Provide you no kenna hum tum by all the ah pek...
i like yr idea ! but this is seriously a dangerous ops and i dont think those ah pek will be happy to see us snapping them , only way to snap them is from far but this method defeat the idea of getting up close with yr subject ?:dunno:

S11loop said:
i like yr idea ! but this is seriously a dangerous ops and i dont think those ah pek will be happy to see us snapping them , only way to snap them is from far but this method defeat the idea of getting up close with yr subject ?:dunno:

Definitely need a car... shoot from inside.

arampan said:
Definitely need a car... shoot from inside.
:angel: SEE , STOP , SHOOT , DRIVE off ! :thumbsup:

S11loop said:
:angel: SEE , STOP , SHOOT , DRIVE off ! :thumbsup:

See, stop, shoot, wait for ah pek to run over, drive off, stop and wait for them, drive off, stop and wait for them... Repeat until they no strength... photo them lying on ground.:bsmilie:

arampan said:
See, stop, shoot, wait for ah pek to run over, drive off, stop and wait for them, drive off, stop and wait for them... Repeat until they no strength... photo them lying on ground.:bsmilie:
no need waste patrol la ... release yr dog and let yr dog go do the job hehehe (this is becoming more and more " chek ark " think we better stop here ) :devil:

hey i suggest u go to JB for street photography, least u see a different side of
street instead of the usual Singapore.

to those who have shot bangladeshis along Little India, is it an easy task? are these people willing to pose for the camera?

i've always wanted to shoot them. i'd like to capture their simple lifestyle through the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.