Street Shooting - Any Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
mohgui said:
to those who have shot bangladeshis along Little India, is it an easy task? are these people willing to pose for the camera?

i've always wanted to shoot them. i'd like to capture their simple lifestyle through the lens.

The folks in little india are very camera-friendly... dun worry about asking them to pose, sometimes they want u to shoot them!
:)
:thumbsup:

icarus said:
The folks in little india are very camera-friendly... dun worry about asking them to pose, sometimes they want u to shoot them!
:)
:thumbsup:

hehehe... noted dude! :thumbsup:

bigfatfish said:
hey lesl,

count me in if you are going to street shoot.

maybe we can even just go in pairs to different designated areas to shoot, then meet up to share photos. I think that will be fun and can see how others view the world through their photos. It will be interesting.
SUre... i was actually thinking of that too... see how we can explore different views from the same area... wait till i come back mid of this month...

Sure hope to see an organised outing coming up!

Any random place in S'pore would do, since we're such an urban country. BUT a word of caution w.r.t. shooting in the heartlands:

Get a long lens.

S'poreans are especially paranoid and suspicious of people with cameras. One of the reasons why I hate street photography is because of the stares I get. I've been approached before by people asking, "you take pictures for what?" or "what are you taking pictures of?". Once this guy even tailed me. Must've thought I was a potential terrorist or something. (I was shooting the vacated markets/cinema at Queenstown)

Maybe typical touristy areas like Chinatown or Little India is OK because they're more used to the sight of people carrying cameras. Try also the Bugis area on weekends. Much activity there.

nemesis32 said:
Hi guys

Thinking of doing some street shooting on one of the weekdays, maybe starting tomorrow...

Any suggestions on where to shoot and what to shoot? I have shot at Little India before...

1) Little India - shophouses, temple, people, bright colours and patterns;
2)
How about plain ol' Raffles Place or City Hall area?

U can grab some really nice photos when u're there. Especially when u have a theme in mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.