Steve Jobs very sick ?

Quick recap... Apple was suffering when the IBM PC's came out because Apple inisted on proprietary connections, accessories, etc. Steve Jobs was kicked out and the company barely held on thanks to some support from the educational market. Microsoft realized that Apple is a good innovation company (and therefore would keep MS on it's toes) and injected Apple with a huge wad of cash for the "rights" to develop Office applications on the Mac OS. It was pure charity really - MS did not need to do this.

Then Steve Jobs came back with a whole new mindset, but you can see Apple's insistence on propietary technology continuing in the iPod/iPad/iPhone lines.

You still remember MS-Apple deal ah? From what I read, the deal suppose to let all Macintosh system to have office and run IE as the default browser. But it did not materialise. MS still continue to sell Office for Mac, but I dont see anyone using IE on Mac.

You still remember MS-Apple deal ah? From what I read, the deal suppose to let all Macintosh system to have office and run IE as the default browser. But it did not materialise. MS still continue to sell Office for Mac, but I dont see anyone using IE on Mac.

It was not mandatory to make IE forever the default. But at the time, IE became the default browser on Mac. It's only with OSX where Apple decided to come out with Safari.

An icon and legend indeed in the field of computers and electronic gadgets.

Apple will decline or stagnant when he is gone.

Because Steve Jobs is her product visionary leader and innovator.

:angel:

An icon and legend indeed in the field of computers and electronic gadgets.

Apple will decline or stagnant when he is gone.

Because Steve Jobs is her product visionary leader and innovator.

:angel:

Last week thursday apple stock had a flash crash just on a rumor that he was sick again. Imagine what this will do.

This is just noise in stock market. If you watch stock regularly, this is pretty common. Especially the period is just 5 days. I will believe if stocks continue to decline in 1 month

Wait for more news about his health to emerge...

I wish him well and godspeed.

:angel::angel::angel:

Steve Jobs @ meeting with Obama & other CEO's last week

Steve-Jobs-Obama-Dinner-12-700x454.png

Apple will never have what it has today without Steve. There was a period of time when Apple was very quiet, with it's old Macintosh. Untill around the year 2000-2001 when Apple launches its first iPod with the help of Steve presenting. It turned to be very succesful till now. Next is the iBook and iMac where the Tiger OS came in, and it was so user friendly that till now the Leopard OS is so popular. In 2007-2008, the iPod Touch and iPhone came out and it hits the rest of the competitors like Nokia and Sony Ericsson.

All thanks to Steve, no matter how good or perfect the engineering team is, I'm sure without the help of Steve in its presentation, Apple will never be that successful today.

Quick recap... Apple was suffering when the IBM PC's came out because Apple inisted on proprietary connections, accessories, etc. Steve Jobs was kicked out and the company barely held on thanks to some support from the educational market. Microsoft realized that Apple is a good innovation company (and therefore would keep MS on it's toes) and injected Apple with a huge wad of cash for the "rights" to develop Office applications on the Mac OS. It was pure charity really - MS did not need to do this.

Then Steve Jobs came back with a whole new mindset, but you can see Apple's insistence on propietary technology continuing in the iPod/iPad/iPhone lines.

I think you missed a lot of reality.

In 1997 when Steve Jobs returned, US$150 million was not a huge wad of cash to Apple, which had $5 billion in the bank and no long term debt. Microsoft's promise to continue MS Office products was more important to the industry using Macs than the pocket change. Apple's stock price was up from a lot of about US$13.50 per share in 1995.

Microsoft made more profit on each Mac product than on the same product for Windows. They wanted that revenue stream to continue. They could also try new things on Macs before doing the same thing on a larger scale on Windows.

Back around 1986, Steve Jobs left the company after he, Steve Wozniak, and the board hired John Sculley from PepsiCo to work the company financially. Steve Jobs and John Sculley did not agree and Steve Jobs went on to found NeXT, Inc., a company manufacturing and selling UNIX-based computers.

John Sculley helped Apple financially and killed off innovation, except for the Newton Messenger. After he was removed, Michael Spindler drove things into the ground. They finally got Gil Amelio, who turned around National Semiconductor to run the company and Ellen Hancock to re-work the technical side. They bought NeXT, Inc. and Steve Jobs.

They put Mac OS and NeXTStep together and Steve Jobs introduced the iMac in 1998, which had already been in planning before he arrived. Mac OS X arrived in 2000 as a public beta.

I prefer reading up on the business case studies conducted by Harvard - less press release, more insider knowledge. :)

In 1997 when Steve Jobs returned, US$150 million was not a huge wad of cash to Apple, which had $5 billion in the bank and no long term debt. ...

Err... Having a huge reserve in bank does not automatically means stability to the company. Businesses are about strategic planing and looking ahead of its long term prospect. At the time, Apple was dying, it may have huge reserve, but that mean dying slowly.

At that time, Apple had lost the desktop war against Windows+Intel platform. Their market share is shrinking and shrinking. There were even possibilities of Apple may put itself up on sales. It was a company where it lack of vision for itself. In any business sense, such company is a sinking ship.

Until Steve Jobs returned...

Last edited:
They finally got Gil Amelio, who turned around National Semiconductor to run the company and Ellen Hancock to re-work the technical side. They bought NeXT, Inc. and Steve Jobs.

They put Mac OS and NeXTStep together and Steve Jobs introduced the iMac in 1998, which had already been in planning before he arrived. Mac OS X arrived in 2000 as a public beta.

???
Gil Amelio was widely considered Public Enemy #1 for allowing "clone" Macs.

???
Gil Amelio was widely considered Public Enemy #1 for allowing "clone" Macs.

That clone business ah? Haha... They want to do like what WinTel platform ma, and still want fight for dominance in desktop, and didn't want to admit they lost.

When Steve Jobs returned, one of the earlier thing he did is publicly admit, The Battle For The Desktop Is Over. And We Lost. - Steve Jobs

He is smart lah, willing to admit to the reality, so instead of continue to do desktop business only, he started branching out to other areas, where he knows the potential grow are in other segments in the market.

I still remember reading some comments from Apple user's forum or group, how unhappy and dishearten by the fact he admitted this and signal a change of company's direction. However, history has proven him to be right.