Steve Jobs has passed away.

I suppose the biography about Steve Jobs written by Walter Isaacson will be helpful for you to understand the gentleman in more details. It will be launched in 24 Oct, and i have pre-ordered my copy from amazon. :)

won't buy it. no space in my room for yet another book :bsmilie: but i guess a personal opinion why steve jobs is an inspiration would be good.

the way he speaks. the way he plans things out (although not always agreeable to some). the way he moves.

this has always been an inspiration to me, to be able to able to stand up on a stage and talk like that.

this is something i really admire about the man, and the ideas behind his marketing strategies and ideologies. a man who wouldn't waver even if people protest and stands his ground in confidence.

It is indeed sad to lose a visionary.

Without Steve, we would all be still using DOS command lines... If you knew the history of the PC (personal computer - both Apple or MS), you'd know who brought the interface forwards to mainstream and made computing easy for everyone. He did it again with the iPhone and possibly would have given us mainstream speech interface (probably what Siri is trying to do). So while I am no fanboy (admittedly, I do own a few Apple devices), he did change the world.

I think this quote from a blogger at 37signals.com sums it up well..

He changed computers.
He changed software.
He changed design.
He changed publishing.
He changed film.
He changed music.
He changed advertising.
He changed retail.
He changed business.

He changed beige.

He changed expectations.
He changed our minds.