Steve Jobs has passed away.

You like President Obama's election speeches? Steve has the same weapon... they are call "speech writers" or "spin writers". Steve is not a marketing genius for nothing.

Like it or not. Without him, Android's fans won't get to use Android's phones.

Like it or not. Without him, your kids, niece, friends won't get to enjoy movies like, Toy story, finding nemo, ratatouille, etc.

Before you start commenting about how freaky his lifestyle is or whatever, show us what you can do to improve the lives of millions of people.

"Before you start to criticize, learn to create."

Thanks Mr Jobs, for giving me a way out of seeing blue screens. You are something that very, very few people in each generation can be - visionary.

Can Singapore produce a Steven Jobs?

If Singapore can produce a Steven Jobs, can he succeed in our society/commercial/scientific environment?

I think No.

A Steven Jobs would be relegated to N level and type cast into low level employee existence for the rest of his life. Actually at Primary 3 already condemned by Streaming.

That is why Singapore cannot produce a winner.

Only can lose 58 Billion in recent crash and another 8 billion at UBS.

tumblr_lgu23g8FAn1qe411po1_500.jpg

If Singapore can produce a Steven Jobs, can he succeed in our society/commercial/scientific environment?

I think No.

A Steven Jobs would be relegated to N level and type cast into low level employee existence for the rest of his life. Actually at Primary 3 already condemned by Streaming.

He is the exception rather than the rule. How many drop-outs can be as successful as he (and Bill Gates etc) is?

I think No.

i will appreciate it very much if you leave your politics at the door. i am sure you are here long enough to know what is CS' stand on politics/political opinions.

R.I.P Steve Jobs ... Apple will never be the same without you.

Like it or not. Without him, Android's fans won't get to use Android's phones.

Like it or not. Without him, your kids, niece, friends won't get to enjoy movies like, Toy story, finding nemo, ratatouille, etc.

Before you start commenting about how freaky his lifestyle is or whatever, show us what you can do to improve the lives of millions of people.

"Before you start to criticize, learn to create."

Well said :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, good one

i will appreciate it very much if you leave your politics at the door. i am sure you are here long enough to know what is CS' stand on politics/political opinions.

Agreed. Message deleted.

RIP Mr. Jobs you have made the world a better place.

yqt said:
RIP Mr. Jobs you have made the world a better place.

What do you mean by better? Create employment? Every company did that. If you mean that everyone is using apple products... I don't see how "better" that is.

kei1309 said:
What do you mean by better? Create employment? Every company did that. If you mean that everyone is using apple products... I don't see how "better" that is.

My interpretation in this better not necessarily has to be in products. It can also be a form of education to the majority. The way I look at it, it is indeed better. Certainly, steve jobs is not the only CEO in the whole with so many good CEO all over the places. Question is how many CEO get to be mentioned in so many websites! How many CEO give tributes that comes from all over the places? How many CEO can cause tweets of 40k per minute and actually overloaded the system? How many CEO get a dedicated thread like this where you and I discuss about him?

Will bill gates get this much of attention? Shrug...

The fact steve jobs can get so much attentions must be something he did right and admired by the world. This is how he make the world a better place. The products from apple are just the works from the man, which truly express his passion and motivation.

My interpretation in this better not necessarily has to be in products. It can also be a form of education to the majority. The way I look at it, it is indeed better. Certainly, steve jobs is not the only CEO in the whole with so many good CEO all over the places. Question is how many CEO get to be mentioned in so many websites! How many CEO give tributes that comes from all over the places? How many CEO can cause tweets of 40k per minute and actually overloaded the system? How many CEO get a dedicated thread like this where you and I discuss about him?

The fact steve jobs can get so much attentions must be something he did right and admired by the world. This is how he make the world a better place. The products from apple are just the works from the man, which truly express his passion and motivation.

*likes*

I would take it that the spirit of this thread is to pay tribute and condolences to Steve Job, and it shall remind as such.

As such, please maintain the respect and decorum here. Do not come in here to nitpick about Steve Job's contribution and also on other members' positive opinion of him. If you do not have anything good to say nor positive opinion of him, than keep your silence as your opinion is not welcome here at all, as I will take it as trolling.

I will not hesitate to infract or even de-register (if it is out of hand) any further violation of what is laid down here in this post.

Last edited:
I would take it that the spirit of this thread is to pay tribute and condolences to Steve Job, and it shall remind as such.

As such, please maintain the respect and decorum here. Do not come in here to nitpick about Steve Job's contribution ..

b51252974.jpg

agree ! delete their post lar. i doubt they know what they talking about.

Last edited:

totally agree with you on this

As such, please maintain the respect and decorum here. Do not come in here to nitpick about Steve Job's contribution and also on other members' positive opinion of him. If you do not have anything good to say nor positive opinion of him, than keep your silence as your opinion is not welcome here at all, as I will take it as trolling.

I will not hesitate to infract or even de-register (if it is out of hand) any further violation of what is laid down here in this post.

sorry if it comes across as trolling. i admire the man, and although i don't agree with some of the stuff he did, he's really still a force to be reckoned with.

what i want to bring across is why we admire this man, and not just for the sake of condolences without understanding much of what he did. i can sympathize with his family because my grandfather passed the same way (but not the same cancer).

so what i really am asking are for people to describe in a way, how steve jobs has made an impact on the lives of people around.

sorry ;)

so what i really am asking are for people to describe in a way, how steve jobs has made an impact on the lives of people around.

I suppose the biography about Steve Jobs written by Walter Isaacson will be helpful for you to understand the gentleman in more details. It will be launched in 24 Oct, and i have pre-ordered my copy from amazon. :)