Starhub vs Singnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamerz said:
alway display error...n crawl in loading page b4 i change to singnet...now i duno...now im a happy user of singnet 1500....

You must have cramped housing allocation with too much folks using the similar service plan. StarHub does well nowadays though. At times, slow loading of pages are also serverside issues.

I still prefer starhub maxonline ease of use. :)

I have been an SCV/Starhub cable subscriber since the pilot launch in 1999.
Currently I am on their 6500 plan. Prefer StarHub becos it is truly plug-n-play and not plug-n-PRAY. No issue over lost connection and all that. Never need to call them for any technical support as network is 99.9999% up all the time. If you are not that computer-savvy, go for StarHub... save u all the headache.

I'm changing to Singnet from Starhub as I find that the price offer from Singnet is too good to resist.

xtemujin said:
I'm changing to Singnet from Starhub as I find that the price offer from Singnet is too good to resist.
What is Singnet offering you that you find hard to resist, Bro?

512kpbs - $37

3.5mbps - $47

but singnet is lagging damn hell badly the past 4 weeks. no idea why also. and my friend has alot of DC problems with singnet as well.

but i'm also a singnet user lol

Slivester said:
"Promotional rates apply for the first 24 months;standard prices prevail on the expiry of the promotional rates." + hell loads of freebies.

Argh, great competitive pricing from SingNet! :devil:

Erm, Pacific Internet went a little too quiet nowadays eh?

http://www.pacific.net.sg/consumer/Promotions/Broadband/

Singnet and Starhub need to attack aggressively now and lock ppl into their
contracts because Pacific Internet will press out the Wireless Broadband end of the year.

At that time, they can offer the same speed same price but EVERYWHERE IN SINGAPORE.

Then all will rush for it. But alas! Bounded by 24 month contract. Lan lan.

For me, I have always been using Pacific Internet for the past 11 years.
Loyalty will pay off.

(BTW, Secured Placing for Beta Testing of Wireless service when it pre-launch le, hahaha!) :thumbsup:

wow cute digi-et still in cS?
long time no see liao how ya?

for me iam on SH soo long liao

my history of internet usage is

SIngnet 28.8kps >
SIngnet 56K >
SCV trial aka starhub now wow is speed is uber fast
then i moved house
i swtich to magix 256K for 1yrs > problematic gimme some craps modem allthought afew fixed speed wise is constant notbad
then 1yrs over
i jumpback to Starhub until now is around err more then 6yrs
overall yea is lags but seldom got discsonnected
unless at midnite sometimes
their ahem maints time

Back in the SCV broadband pilot days years back we could download the whole Netscape communicator package in about 30 seconds. When they started offering it to the public i continued the service, it became very slow, when contacted Starhub told me i could upgrade to a higher plan..i'm not streaming or anything, all i needed was a stable connection to a citrix server in the US and bandwidth needs for citrix is very small.

I changed to Singnet dsl 512k got a wireless router and dont remember it dropping my connection when i'm online. i'm on the 1.5mbps plan now...Between starhub/singnet broadband, i would stick to singnet any day and twice on sundays:) Also heard that Singnet uses Bluecoat proxy, this means they will see/know/control Everything....what a great way to regulate the internet...

thinking of the M1 broadband offering, anyone with experience using this service, pls pm, Thanks.

I feel no differences of Singnet 1500.. wanna upgrade to 3500 but my contract still have 2 years.. lol.... slow is the word for me... haha

I've been a Singnet subscriber since the dial-up days, Jetpack and now Singnet 1500. Except the occasional line down due to 'technical faults' from Singnet end, I dont experience poor or slow broadband speed when accessing the net.

But I am disappointed with Singnet now! :thumbsd: I was surfing the net on Sat when a lightning strike near my place. The broadband line went down immediately. Though I restarted all my hardwares, the line just couldn't get connected. Singtel line remains ok. I called up Singnet helpdesk and was told the fault might lie on my 2Wire modem or at the exchange in my block. But they couldn't send anyone to check. The earliest appt was to be on this Thursday. Imagine my annoyance when I cannot use the net for the next 6 days! This has happened to me before but never a waiting period of 6 days! The last few times, the agent would come immediately or at most the next day to resolve it. It was always the connection problem in the block and never a fault in my house.

I'm disappointed with their slow response. I got a feeling its an exchange problem again. Even if my modem was faulty, they could at least check their connection early so that I could get my set replace immediately. But I have to wait and see what's at fault. Despite my reasoning, Singnet could only push forward a day. So I'm expecting the agent to call today.

Just want to share my experience with all. Wish me luck!

xtemujin said:
I'm paying $58.80 for Starhub Maxonline 2000.

http://www.starhub.com/online/maxonline/priceplan.html

Singnet 1500 now offering $43 for 1 year contract.

http://www.singnet.com.sg/plans_and_services/broadband/snbb.asp?snbb=KOatl

Savings of about $15/month.
Top up the $10 more for Singnet and you get unlimited wireless surfing at Singtel hotspots! Now that's a good deal! I'm using Maxonline at home but my dad is using Singnet broadband under my name at his premises (I wanted to keep my singnet email).

syncpuppet said:
what is "BT"?

BT= British Telecoms

BT= Business Times

BT= Best Timing

BT= Boliao Thread

BT= Bit Torrent *hint hint*

BT= Back Track

Haha.....:bsmilie:

uncle_catz said:
I've been a Singnet subscriber since the dial-up days, Jetpack and now Singnet 1500. Except the occasional line down due to 'technical faults' from Singnet end, I dont experience poor or slow broadband speed when accessing the net.

But I am disappointed with Singnet now! :thumbsd: I was surfing the net on Sat when a lightning strike near my place. The broadband line went down immediately. Though I restarted all my hardwares, the line just couldn't get connected. Singtel line remains ok. I called up Singnet helpdesk and was told the fault might lie on my 2Wire modem or at the exchange in my block. But they couldn't send anyone to check. The earliest appt was to be on this Thursday. Imagine my annoyance when I cannot use the net for the next 6 days! This has happened to me before but never a waiting period of 6 days! The last few times, the agent would come immediately or at most the next day to resolve it. It was always the connection problem in the block and never a fault in my house.

I'm disappointed with their slow response. I got a feeling its an exchange problem again. Even if my modem was faulty, they could at least check their connection early so that I could get my set replace immediately. But I have to wait and see what's at fault. Despite my reasoning, Singnet could only push forward a day. So I'm expecting the agent to call today.

Just want to share my experience with all. Wish me luck!

Change to Starhub.......easy installation and can surf straight away......hehe!

As I've said, wait for half a year more for the unltimate from Pacific Internet. ;)

lsisaxon said:
Top up the $10 more for Singnet and you get unlimited wireless surfing at Singtel hotspots! Now that's a good deal! I'm using Maxonline at home but my dad is using Singnet broadband under my name at his premises (I wanted to keep my singnet email).

Starhub also have the wireless connection for only $10.50 per month.

me pay 60$ + for singnet1500 ,, so far no problem

wanted to change to max online after my contract .. + starbub HP line ..
i heard if this combo got cheaper rates .. itziz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.