Starhub vs Singnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was with singtel for more than 7 years and itchy switch to starhub then terminate starhub, switch it back singtel. Since I play online game I need the point to point. ;)
The lag is killing me.

I was told if you BT a lot, better stick to StarHub because their check is not as rigorious as SingTel... dun forget, singtel is after all, partial Gov...

Wonder how true iz tat thou...

me switch from problematic pacnet ADSL to SH cable, life has been a breeze....

RossChang said:
I was told if you BT a lot, better stick to StarHub because their check is not as rigorious as SingTel... dun forget, singtel is after all, partial Gov...

Wonder how true iz tat thou...
they scan packets?! then where is the privacy?

longkangman said:
Check your contractual agreement they are allow to do so. First BT is something that is illegal so better stop doing it. :cool:
who say BT illegal? i been using it to download opensource cds

rainman said:
I'm using Singtel..last I'm time paying 40+ now become 55. Must be because of the "free upgrade" from 256kps to 512kbps....

If not wrong there's also a "discont" fee for Singnet.

Whatever it is I'm switching to starhub once my contract is up.

they tried to pull that one on me too..went to hello! orchard and tell them off. they do have a 1 yr contract for $47. no point getting tied down to 2 or 3 yrs.. because wireless broadband from other companies are coming up! that's why singnet came out with 512kps for $38.

There are certain trade secrets with ADSL service providers...think hardly any1 knows about it, neither did I until my lecturer told me ( apparently my lecturer was a former consultan for them)

I've stayed so long with starhb was basically, I don't need to install any application, just boot up the PC and go.

Right now, it's connected to my wireless router and I leave it on 24/7.

With others like ADSL, I'm still forced to do dial up(s).

My only gripe with the Starhub is that paying so much for the usage, they don't even blardily give you one ISP email account to use.

espn said:
I've stayed so long with starhb was basically, I don't need to install any application, just boot up the PC and go.

With others like ADSL, I'm still forced to do dial up(s).

My only gripe with the Starhub is that paying so much for the usage, they don't even blardily give you one ISP email account to use.

I would rather they save on the mail and make a good offer/promotion and maintain a good network. I can use the gmail which is about 2.6GB now.. :)

espn said:

hahaha.... that is true. But even singnet give me the account I am not using it as I love the freem gmail/yahoo account.

Gmail give 2+GB.
Yahoo give 1GB.(long time user)

The only catch is that some internet site don't accept free email account for registering of services. Let me know if you need one of the gmail account.

Cheers

The mail is useful because if it's provided by an ISP, there's a 99% high chance the email will be up 24/7.

For a free or 3rd party email, they're not liable for 24/7 uptime.

That's the difference between paid and not paid accounts.

Thus I still have to hold on to my $5 pacnet account for a email that's always online. I don't even trust those that I own with my own domains :(

espn said:

With others like ADSL, I'm still forced to do dial up(s)...

I use ADSL and I have wireless. The wireless router does an auto dial-up to ADSL. So, the computers just boot up and go too. :)

As long as it works, cable or ADSL same to me. I don't download big files. I only use VPN to connect back to office, or write unconstructive posts like this one :bsmilie:

espn said:
For a free or 3rd party email, they're not liable for 24/7 uptime.

That's the difference between paid and not paid accounts.

Yahoo in my experience I haven't encounter downtime so far. Touch wood just in case I don't want to lost email.:)

I don't even trust those that I own with my own domains :(
Because the mail service and web service are in the same server/IP which it should be in a good setup. Server/IP/DNS down mean mail server down. :(
YMMV

longkangman said:
hahaha.... that is true. But even singnet give me the account I am not using it as I love the freem gmail/yahoo account.

Gmail give 2+GB.
Yahoo give 1GB.(long time user)

The only catch is that some internet site don't accept free email account for registering of services. Let me know if you need one of the gmail account.

Cheers
same here, i didn't use my singnet email much, even though i have free antispam and antivirus for the whole of my contract

got giveaway free lap top meh??:dunno:

singnet cheap and good:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.