Starhub offers 25mbps down/ 1mbps up Cable plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinoy said:
with the number of computers you have... why am i not surprised? :bsmilie:

Oh well.. can't quite imagine how's it like being "unwired" and "unhooked". ;p

:Later,

lol...i will jump up and down and ring up the technican support even 4am in the morning to complain about any down time...

hongsien said:
He!he! I am paying alot less than in SG with Starhub: paying only HKD 210/month = SGD 45/month for 100Mbps AND several channels on TV free! (Discovery channel, CCTV4-9, etc.)........

Now you see how much they make! Greedy bunch!......salaries here are not much different than in SG btw. So, it is possible to make it cheaper......
There are more companies around though, so it is a matter of competition. Singtel has just too much weight there.......

I pay only the equivalent of SGD 39/month for my 3G connection AND I get 2000min free calling time/month!! Between different companies I have 1200 min free! Receiving calls are free too, first 75 video min.calls are free

Hong Sien

ya... in a way, sg telecommunications (best example is the ISP) are own by government in 1 way or another... so prices even thou seem 'competitive' but compared with open markets like HK, still seem bad. its the way our country is run.

btw i got the ultimate starhub cable tv plan anyway, since my bro like to watch the movie channels over & over again, my dad loves those news channel, i am sucker for variety of channels... but the channels we get in sg kinda sucks in a way... esp the new 'digital cable' i find my old set top more responsive (forced to keep 1 anyway...)

Yeah, they do keep repeating the programmes, but with my limited amount of memory left in my brain after all these years it's like watching new programmes

.......I just get annoyed by the advertisements for their own programmes every ten minutes or so, which lasts for a few months.........

The infrastructure is owned by Singtel as that is a heavy investment, so no choice lah! Other companies have to lease from them,......

Hong Sien

If I am not wrong, you could transfer your current account to someone else. Therefore, you could sign up for the 25k plan after that. I was told about transfering when I complain that my new house don't have SCV connection. Can call them up and check but hope that someone willing to get your current plan. ;)

BBTM said:
If I am not wrong, you could transfer your current account to someone else. Therefore, you could sign up for the 25k plan after that. I was told about transfering when I complain that my new house don't have SCV connection. Can call them up and check but hope that someone willing to get your current plan. ;)
going to do that when i get my own place... since its a 2 year plan... think my place would be up next year...

they called me just now to confirm the subscription, strange... how come i can't use my points to pay for my cable modem... anyway going to buy it at 99... den still must pay 'activation fee' althou installation fee waived... den still must pay my outstanding bills (not due yet...)

den i ask if can get and i install myself, they say its alot slower (take about 1 week, anyway mine going to be installed on tuesday... woohooo)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
they called me just now to confirm the subscription, strange... how come i can't use my points to pay for my cable modem... anyway going to buy it at 99... den still must pay 'activation fee' althou installation fee waived... den still must pay my outstanding bills (not due yet...)

den i ask if can get and i install myself, they say its alot slower (take about 1 week, anyway mine going to be installed on tuesday... woohooo)

thought u are a current Subscriber of MOL? how come must pay activitation fee??

edit: The price is what? $104.4? or $121.80???

Then you get the Maxonline Ultimate.

tokrot said:
thought u are a current Subscriber of MOL? how come must pay activitation fee??

edit: The price is what? $104.4? or $121.80???

109.62... i not the current subscriber to MOL, i current subscriber to cabletv.

sorry, just wanted to sign up got several questions for those who have signed up.

Are you supposed to call them up if you are going for notebook upgrade? Or you are supposed to receieve a letter to choose whether to upgrade? Thanks.. :)

i not sure about it, currently at home patiently waiting for the installation.

according to the CS staff, we will receive some confirmation thingy, den we register with HP, den HP will revert back. anyway from her attitude, its like after the installation of the modem, the rest is not her business...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i not sure about it, currently at home patiently waiting for the installation.

according to the CS staff, we will receive some confirmation thingy, den we register with HP, den HP will revert back. anyway from her attitude, its like after the installation of the modem, the rest is not her business...

I see.. thanks... from the TOS I read up is that you have to register with HP too. But the site will only be up at 5pm later.. Thanks for teh reply.. ;)

btw i just noticed... the free notebook is NX6110, the top up 261.45 is M2000AP series... and 523.95 is also M2000AP with pentium chip... just for those that think y so strange...

not sure of the current price of the M2000AP...

something to note is, the 261.45 is really worth the upgrade... got cd/dvd combo drive as oppose to the cdrom drive, den better speaker and 6in1 reader... also the warranty ppl already know...

also the 523.95 upgrade gives u the pentium 1.6 and bluetooth than the 261.45 upgrade.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
btw i just noticed... the free notebook is NX6110, the top up 261.45 is M2000AP series... and 523.95 is also M2000AP with pentium chip... just for those that think y so strange...

not sure of the current price of the M2000AP...

something to note is, the 261.45 is really worth the upgrade... got cd/dvd combo drive as oppose to the cdrom drive, den better speaker and 6in1 reader... also the warranty ppl already know...

also the 523.95 upgrade gives u the pentium 1.6 and bluetooth than the 261.45 upgrade.

I know liao, u wols. ;p

Too bad I am tied down with current plan. If can, upgrade to ultimate n got laptop for wife :p

IMHO,it not worth getting this plan unless your house is heavily used on mutiple networking.Can get good speed in local but in overseas site very hard to say.Like download BT,is also depends on seeds and peers if not enough these the speed will remain as low as 10-60kbs.The thing i like about this plan is the upload,if not can forget it.Too expensive also.~

tried uploading just now... it just hit the limit... its a upload sucker... think if they give 2mpbs upload it will also hit...

u guys know any local site that i can test my download?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tried uploading just now... it just hit the limit... its a upload sucker... think if they give 2mpbs upload it will also hit...

u guys know any local site that i can test my download?

Btw Have any of you got the notebook yet? How come the upgrade specs abit different, look inferior??? look like different colors one? http://h50168.www5.hp.com/gofa/external/starhub/index.asp

Anyone really think this is a worth paying for? Anyway, I will opt for an upgrade.
:D

btw I dun seem to find the series HP CompaqM2000AP model in HP site.. funny hor.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.