Broadband War: Starhub still takes the lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Yesterday, Starhub officially announced an increase in speed for MOL Ultimate plan, from 25Mbps to 30Mbps (5Mbps free).

Apart from the above change, all MOL subscribers to enjoy FREE subscription to digital voice with unlimited local outgoing calls.

For more info, visit http://www.starhub.com.sg/newsroom/newsrm_item.asp?id=3871&category=Starhub News

If you want to use the digital voice calls, you must have the digital voice enabled cable modem, which I think you can buy from them at approx. SG$115 +/-.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
its gonna be funny now... the voice cable modem can hit 30mbps? or i can have option to install 1 for MOL, 1 for voice?
its a 2-in-1 cable modem. :bsmilie:

Hahaha... trying the same ol' strategy to penetrate the voice market to break SingTel's strangle hold. they did do a good job penetrating the internet surfing market tho.

My only reservation with them is that once you are "in", you are mostly forgotten.

hazmee said:
Are you people really sure its 30mbps?

Could it be a marketing gimmick?

What I do remember, is within SH network, they can commit to 30mbps, but once outside their network, i personally would find it hard if SH can commit to 30mpbs. It is for that reason that I stick to the lowest offering by SH.

i reset my set already... anyway this few days the connection seems to be better... previously was crawling... now i can get multiple downloads from overseas server with 200-300kb/s for each file at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.