Sponsors (Camera Brand & Retailers & Others)

sebastiansong

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
To get the ball rolling and keep everyone up to date about sponsorship matters.

1) Do we want to have two tier sponsorship? For example
  • base tier up to 1k entitles them to ad space; and
  • anything above 2k entitles them to booth space and talks at the event?

2) As Simon and PE suggested, we could get the brands to host talks. I will sound Canon out this friday to do video. We could also get the other brands to do basic photography talks (they find their spokesman and do the presentation) or product presentations (like how to maximise compact cameras)

3) Even for retailers like Cathay, we can get them to do a studio lighting demo with one of the brands. Lighting is another popularity subject.

cheers

Will list out potential sponsors, feel free to copy and paste and add others.
Those who have contacts with respective sponsors can sound them out and update status.

Brands
Canon
Fuji
Leica
Nikon
Olympus
Panasonic
Sony

Retailers
Alan Photo
Cathay Photo
TK foto

Advertisers
Maybe email blast those who advertise on CS to cough up some monies (those selling strobe lighting might contribute a talk as well)

Will list out potential sponsors, feel free to copy and paste and add others.
Those who have contacts with respective sponsors can sound them out and update status.

Brands
Canon
Fuji
Leica
Nikon
Olympus
Panasonic
Sony
Pentak
Samsung

Retailers
Alan Photo
Cathay Photo
TK foto

Advertisers
Maybe email blast those who advertise on CS to cough up some monies (those selling strobe lighting might contribute a talk as well)

Last edited:
Dear PE and Admins

Have you folks managed to discuss about the sponsorship plans for participating vendors and/or brands?

Edmund and I spoke to Matthew (Canon) last friday and he is keen but he requests for more info in writing.
I have just spoken to Leonard (Leica), again keen but he needs more info as well.

I figure most would be keen but need more info and we need to work this out fast 'cos I heard Nikon and Leica already have activities planned for April.

regards

Leonard informed me with much regret that Leica is unable to take part as they have no resources in April. They already have other events.

Anyone managed to speak with other brands? Please update on status.

Ok noted.

The idea is simple...

6 spaces at glass hall for product showcase demo ... NO Sales

$3k for the space. 1 standee banner each at the door entrance of each talk venue ie total 2.

If they want to host a talk by all means.

Sun will post a write up .

I told Simon I need contact for the oly, panasonic, canon, fuji, Sony etc. need it soon.

Last edited:
Antonio from Olympus has left already, Amos is currently busy with IT fair, you want Amos contact?

thanks
seb

seb+adam already organizing the talks and liasing with speakers
their job、is full already can handle or not?

imho admin should do this part
as money is involved

Last edited:
Evander from Canon Singapore called and experessed interest. asked for more information before final decision ...... I passed Simon's contact to her and vice versa

any news?

Evander from Canon Singapore called and experessed interest. asked for more information before final decision ...... I passed Simon's contact to her and vice versa

any news?

Pass me the contact. Thanks

I will be writing to them.

Update:

Tk want to come in. I asked James to tie up with Olympus.

Cathay wants to participate as the barnd name for Elinchrome and Manfratto.

That will be the max.