Spoilt Prat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDragon

Nov 9, 2006
Bedok
www.onzlah.com
A friend of mine who works as a Tailor to raised his daughter from birth to adulthood.

His daughter after finishing her Diploma wanted to get a Degree. So my friend took out whatever savings he had to send her to an University in Australia. He worked hard for a few years to take care of her expenses and finally his daughter graduated.

She found a job as an Assistant in a Mutlimedia firm. She was often given a chance to perform and she performs well and her boss likes her. However the girl is not satisfied... she resigned in less than a year claiming that the boss is not good enough to her.

She found a second job shortly.... and same thing happened a few months later.

She found the third job and again she quitted a few months later with the same reason.

Now she is staying at home... "Looking" for a new job.

As for my poor friend... is still a tailor trying to earn a living trying to maintain the family.
Dares not scold his daughter cos his daughter does not have a good temper.

so... does it really pay to have a kid? It depends~

It is just a matter of time the daughter resign from being my Friend's Daughter with claims that he is not able to give her what she wants.

It will take some time b4 she wake up her ideas and realise everywhere is the same. :)

Btw, only child ?

It will take some time b4 she wake up her ideas and realise everywhere is the same. :)

Btw, only child ?

LOL I do have this urge to swing my tripod into her face some times. Not that it will make her look better~ (Maybe it will)... But it will definately send her a wake up call.

but then lucky for me... not my kid.

Not the Only kid but he oldest of the 3

LOL I do have this urge to swing my tripod into her face some times. Not that it will make her look better~ (Maybe it will)... But it will definately send her a wake up call.

but then lucky for me... not my kid.

wait she coma how? u kiss her like prince charming ar?

Too good life liao, should have left her to fend for herself by making her earn her own $ for studies for Degree.

It is really not up to you to do anything, the parents have the responsibility to tell this gal the truth about life and face reality. What you can do is tell her dad to wake up his idea and do something about her.

They have gone beyond their own means to provide everything for her, and they are to be blamed for her behavior as well. Every Parents would love to give the kids the best in the world, but lessons in life is worth more then every thing else.

Humans are born stupid.. we need to learn everything from scratch.

You'll be surprised how many idealistic youngsters we have in the society now.

It is really not up to you to do anything, the parents have the responsibility to tell this gal the truth about life and face reality. What you can do is tell her dad to wake up his idea and do something about her.

They have gone beyond their own means to provide everything for her, and they are to be blamed for her behavior as well. Every Parents would love to give the kids the best in the world, but lessons in life is worth more then every thing else.

Humans are born stupid.. we need to learn everything from scratch.

You'll be surprised how many idealistic youngsters we have in the society now.

Yes. I noted your point. I was looking at the ideas of some kids (Young men and women in their teens and early twenties) of late. I would like to say... I fear having my own kids in Future.

Many young kids may just drown or suffer in their own idealism in time to come. Some will eventually wake up while the rest will only crash and burn.

my parents have a close friend who is in the same situation. he raised three kids. all of them are university graudates and one recently got married. to raise his kids, he worked odd jobs, at times selling mee chieng kueh at bugis market, selling tutu at another market, struggling with high rentals. now because he has been doing this kueh thing for ages, his fingers are permanently bent into a "roll-mee-chieng-kueh" kind of shape.

but recently, his children refused to support him. even though they are all graduatess and have started working, they either give him a paltry allowance or refuse to give him anything. his son who recently got married threatened to disown his father.

but even though this son of his treats his father like that, his father still loves him such that he attended his wedding and even played host to his son's guests.

every time i think of his story and read other such stories such as the one here, i remember the importance of loving my parents.

my parents have a close friend who is in the same situation. he raised three kids. all of them are university graudates and one recently got married. to raise his kids, he worked odd jobs, at times selling mee chieng kueh at bugis market, selling tutu at another market, struggling with high rentals. now because he has been doing this kueh thing for ages, his fingers are permanently bent into a "roll-mee-chieng-kueh" kind of shape.

but recently, his children refused to support him. even though they are all graduatess and have started working, they either give him a paltry allowance or refuse to give him anything. his son who recently got married threatened to disown his father.

but even though this son of his treats his father like that, his father still loves him such that he attended his wedding and even played host to his son's guests.

every time i think of his story and read other such stories such as the one here, i remember the importance of loving my parents.
Trend has changed, not everybody are like us, who remembers our parents.

All parents do everything for their children out of a 4-letter word, love. In life, there is nothing as repaying back. However, I believe in retribution. May be not this life that the child will pay back, may be next, or next next.

All parents do everything for their children out of a 4-letter word, love. In life, there is nothing as repaying back. However, I believe in retribution. May be not this life that the child will pay back, may be next, or next next.

probably they might return another 4 letter and add another 3 as free gift... no prize for guessing.

It is rather the Westernized Mindset, that you don't have to support your parents after you moved out... or just idiots who misled themselves to that kinda thinking?

I wouldn't expect my children to support me in my old age, but if they do, then I would believe that I've brought up good children.

However I would not take a single cent of their money. It's not mine. It's theirs.

The thought counts as much.

girl never mind, get married then it is the husband's problem.

girl never mind, get married then it is the husband's problem.

err what century do you live in huh? :sweat:

I wouldn't expect my children to support me in my old age, but if they do, then I would believe that I've brought up good children.

However I would not take a single cent of their money. It's not mine. It's theirs.

The thought counts as much.

think most singaporeans are still not as open minded... truth enough it is the upbring that really determines... if your child grows up having a mindset of abandoning the parents... then something must have gone wrong in the process...

Yes,.......when their own children don't take care of them either......

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.