SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormz777

Nov 3, 2002
N/A
Took this picture while I was about to leave... somehow the picture doesn't quite have the impact I wanted though the little boy was as 'stoned and idealess' as he can be. :(

Anyone can suggest how i can improve this picture?

aak.sized.jpg

Thanks in advance:)

*edited as the picture was too big*

how about squatting/kneeling down and then snap him from his face up?

but he may run away :D

Precisely! But the little boy was really cute and looked blur and he didn't notice me taking his pic. Maybe I should really took this at a lower level, but i think got pic better than no pic .. better don't waste it

Take this liao then squat!!
Since you're using digital anyway, right?

Heck, if you're using the sony f7x7, can just bend a little and pretend that you're fiddling with the cam.

I would try to have the boy fill the frame and have a less distracting cluttered background.

after I posted my picture here, I felt stupid man .. zoomer is right. I was so silly:embrass:

Anyway, actually the balloon held by the boy was bright orange and he looked dazed in a sea of people. I wanted to included the balloon to further emphasize or the msg 'SOS'. Now, in retrospect, shooting the boy from top down view isn't that bad ...it makes the boy feel smaller ad intimitated.

I did not show the coloured picture here because it was under-exposed and the colour isn't nice no matter what I did in PS... guess my skills in PS has much room to improve

Thanks everyone for your comments.

P/s I am using only a s30 now. F717 is my next intended out splash:p Anyone interested in my s30?

not so bad wat...make the boy look smaller and more vulnerable hahah..

That's what I thought too!:D

I have a suggestion.. if the colour of the ballo0n is red colour, you could desaturate all the colours off except the balloon... :)

The caption of SOS would be even more fitting! ;)

Other than that, i really like the picture.... Poignant. :)

Hey, thanks Wolfgang!

You are the first who share my feelings with regards to my picture. I am starting to be serious in my photography and i recalled that streetshooter once said in his post that if he is going to be serious in his photography, he has to shoot whatever he thinks is gd regardless of the situation.

Well, that was what that gave me the courage to shoot this pic when his mother was just nearby. By your comments, I am glad I made the right decision.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by wormz777
Hey, thanks Wolfgang!

You are the first who share my feelings with regards to my picture. I am starting to be serious in my photography and i recalled that streetshooter once said in his post that if he is going to be serious in his photography, he has to shoot whatever he thinks is gd regardless of the situation.

Well, that was what that gave me the courage to shoot this pic when his mother was just nearby. By your comments, I am glad I made the right decision.

Thanks again!

you're welcome! I'm glad i've managed to interpret the picture correctly but your well captured shot played an enormous part and of course, kudos to the photographer as well. ;)

But don't this get to your head eh?! ;)

Keep shooting! :D

haiz ... so sian, don't feel like studying for the exams, so decide to try Wolfgang's idea.

aan.sized.jpg

how to do that ah?

very easy... just select the balloon with magic wand, invert selection then image->adjust->desaturate. done! :D

So which one u prefer, punscum?

Status
Not open for further replies.