Sony RX100 I/II/III Image Sharing Thread

Hehe, it's FF vs 1" :)

Well, so far, everyone that guessed even on facebook, guessed that the right one was from the a7 and the left from the rx100...

The truth is...the left is the a7r and the right is the rx100 :)
I was surprised myself when i compiled both images together. I never expected the difference to be so slight and i myself actualyl preferred the rx100 image. Even during editing, unless i zoom in really close, there was almost no difference in editing both raw files...which brings me to think..how much benefit does a FF sensor really have when you're not shooting wide open or shooting objects far away.

I see. Colour-wise, the A7 photo does it better but surprisingly the RX100 shows more fine details even with a smaller sensor (vs the FF and yes..I stand corrected!:) )

Haha. Nice one.

I am looking to do the type of experiment w my Panasonic LX-100 vs my a7r. Haha

Go for it..you might just be surprised how good these modern day small sensors are. Or maybe the rx100 is just a beast of a camera :) And maybe FF sensors only really shine when you shoot wide open or landscapes...in other situations like this, maybe the difference isn't noticeable at all. It's just unfortunate that the rx100 doesn't have liveview setting OFF option..if not it'll be a great studio camera also...framing with this camera is close to impossible when the screen is constantly black

Waterfall near Luang Prabang, Laos. Sony RX-100 III

22582620377_400b742f7a_h.jpg

23012061201_f6ad99bb09_h.jpg

Taken with Sony RX100 III Unedited
$HK X Rori RX100 III.jpg