SONY OUTING: SBG, Sunday May 29, 9am-lunch

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Hi all, I propose we have a casual Sony Alpha outing at Singapore Botanic Gardens. All are welcome, also newbies! A-mount or E-mount or Sony PnS or SonyEricsson phone, does not matter!!

This is also a "beercan" outing - so if you have one, bring it and try to use it! Or bring it for newbies to test in case they want to grab one too, and bring any other lens you want to.

After walking around and taking your shots (landscape, portrait, macro, does not matter) we will meet up again for lunch/kopi.

Depending on how many sign up/show up, we can split into various groups.

NEWBIES: You are *totally* welcome to join, and ask questions on how to use your camera, how to improve your shots, difference between cameras, etc.

Proposed meeting place:
Green Pavillion at Tanglin Gate at 9am:
(bottom left in the map)
http://www.sbg.org.sg/visitorinfo/images/map.jpg

Tip: Print out the map so you can mark what you want to photograph/checklist

We will end up at the Food court/rest area at the main Visitor Centre at the Nassim Road gate at 12:30-1pm for lunch and sharing.

Please sign up if you want to join:

Old Birds/Masters:
1. Galdor

Casual shooters:

Newbies:
1. Rashkae

You should be in the Old Bird/Masters list and I should be a Newbie. :kok:

enjoy bros I would like to put my name to Newbie also and meet Bro Galdor and others but sadly I will be out of the country that day :(. Please post some photos after the outing =)

enjoy bros I would like to put my name to Newbie also and meet Bro Galdor and others but sadly I will be out of the country that day :(. Please post some photos after the outing =)

No problem bro. There will always be a chance in future. ;)
Enjoy your trip. :)

Old Birds/Masters:
1. Galdor

Casual shooters:

Newbies:
1. Rashkae
2. Javabeans.

hey Rashkae, can try out ur sigma uwa glass? currently considering a tokina 11-16mm as well. no thx to Albertri for the poisonous suggestion. haha.

hey Rashkae, can try out ur sigma uwa glass? currently considering a tokina 11-16mm as well. no thx to Albertri for the poisonous suggestion. haha.

Yeah sure.

Yeah sure.
great! hey wanna do a sunrise shoot at tampines eco park? haha. hoping to reach there rd 615. can swing by yishun. more kakis welcomed :)

great! hey wanna do a sunrise shoot at tampines eco park? haha. hoping to reach there rd 615. can swing by yishun. more kakis welcomed :)

You mean the new eco park, the one where in order to build it they tore down perfectly healthy trees, destroyed 2 eagle nests and ripped out all the natural foliage to make way for the "eco" park?

No problem bro. There will always be a chance in future. ;)
Enjoy your trip. :)

Thnaks bro will post some pix of my holiday trip also =) iether here or at the other side =)

Hope i can join ! I put my name, will bring a friend, we are newbie, i don't have beercan. But i don't know anyone of you all leh. >.<"

Old Birds/Masters:
1. Galdor

Casual shooters:

Newbies:
1. Rashkae
2. Javabeans.
3. Shunkun
4. Shunkun's friend

A newbie want to join. Hope able to join you guys on sunday morning. any contact person? just in case i am lost on the way there..
I don't have the real beercan, only have the baby beercan (35-70mm).

Old Birds/Masters:
1. Galdor

Casual shooters:

Newbies:
1. Rashkae
2. Javabeans.
3. Shunkun
4. Shunkun's friend
5. raggi

Oh btw, the food court is perma closed... :(

That's at the tanglin gate, yes. That's why we're not meeting there for makan, just to start the outing.

Yes, can contact me 9005 2095 if you're lost. But should be easy to spot all the Sony cameras.

K dun mean to sound like a mountain tortoise but Hvnt really been to sbg. Y do we need the beercan? Portraits macros birds??

K dun mean to sound like a mountain tortoise but Hvnt really been to sbg. Y do we need the beercan? Portraits macros birds??

Initially it was supposed to be a "beercan only" outing, but we decided it should be open to all. If you have a beercan and don't want to bring it, that's no problem. :)

What will we be expecting to take? Birds? Flowers?

Mostly flowers, the scenery there. If you're lucky, some nice bird shots or people shots. The main point is to go out and shoot, practice your photography, get to know other Sony-using folks.

how i wish i can join
but too bad. maybe next time.

by the way, anyone wanna meet up after work maybe weekday for met up