Sony NEX 5R or Olympus EPL5

Hello
I've used both sony NEX 5R and Olympus E-PL5. In terms of colors I really like sony NEX 5R with Zeiss 24mm F1.8 prime lens in terms of color, it's very vivid compared to Olympus kit lens the 14mm - 42 mm. Even the sony RX 100 color is more saturated than the Olympus E-PL5 kit lens. I've used the Panasonic leica 25mm F1.4 on the Olympus but I didn't do direct comparison with the sony. The lens is much better than the kit lens though. If you want to know more about the 2 cameras can add me on fb my email is hairy_bug@hotmail.com

Tried shooting Olympus E-PL5 with an Olympus 17mm F1.8 prime lens, orange to orange, by then your comments fairer. :)

Oh pardon me. I didn't know that nowadays putting 3 angry face actual mean humor. So,

1 angry face = humor,
2 angry faces = very humor?
3 angry faces = very very humor?

Am I right Senior Rashkae?

Please go back to school, work on your basic reading comprehension skills.

And I suggest another round of NS to fix your attitude issues.

Yes both Sony and Olympus are good cameras. All cameras are good, if it's not good they won't manufacture it.

But does anybody knows which one their colour is more saturated?

We're not in the days of film... the cameras all can adjust saturation.

Hello All. I am new to this forum, and are new to photography too.

Hello TS, so mind to share what you've chosen? I am looking at these 2 cameras as well. some of my experience in photography are as follow.

- My bro own a Canon 60D. and i do have a few long days with it. However, after that, I realize that I do not know how to shot anything with it, other than using Auto Mode. ISO, aperture, shutter speed, are too complicated for me, at the moment.
- I never own any Point and shoot before either.
- However I am interested to learn more about photography, and are already bored with what my phone can do for me.

Why do I end up with looking at mirrorless camera?
- Camera must have tilt-able display, so that I can take a picture of myself and my girl, looking at the screen.
- No point and shoot camera (not too far off from smartphone camera..tell me if I am wrong), NO DSLR of canon 60D's size (too big and heavy)
- Budget around 1k SGD.
- Wifi connect to Smartphone would be good.
- love Miror-less camera's compact size, and light weight.
- thinking to bring it out almost everyday

I've so far tried Olympus PL5 from shops, and are happy with its speed to focus, to snap pictures, etc. However never try it's video mode. Also just know from this tread that Panasonic, Sony have a wide range to choose from.

Any other camera to try/consider, guys? :dunno:

Appreciate any answers

Thanks!!!

Hello All. I am new to this forum, and are new to photography too.

Hello TS, so mind to share what you've chosen? I am looking at these 2 cameras as well. some of my experience in photography are as follow.

- My bro own a Canon 60D. and i do have a few long days with it. However, after that, I realize that I do not know how to shot anything with it, other than using Auto Mode. ISO, aperture, shutter speed, are too complicated for me, at the moment.
- I never own any Point and shoot before either.
- However I am interested to learn more about photography, and are already bored with what my phone can do for me.

Why do I end up with looking at mirrorless camera?
- Camera must have tilt-able display, so that I can take a picture of myself and my girl, looking at the screen.
- No point and shoot camera (not too far off from smartphone camera..tell me if I am wrong), NO DSLR of canon 60D's size (too big and heavy)
- Budget around 1k SGD.
- Wifi connect to Smartphone would be good.
- love Miror-less camera's compact size, and light weight.
- thinking to bring it out almost everyday

I've so far tried Olympus PL5 from shops, and are happy with its speed to focus, to snap pictures, etc. However never try it's video mode. Also just know from this tread that Panasonic, Sony have a wide range to choose from.

Any other camera to try/consider, guys? :dunno:

Appreciate any answers

Thanks!!!

Sony RX100 ii

Basically, the main strength of m43 is their lens.
It is the only mirrorless with 12-35mm(24-70) f2.8 and 35-100mm(70-200) f2.8.
The rest of the manufactures do not have or maybe don't want to produce constant zoom lens. Reasons maybe the size of the lens will still be too big and will look funny on their small mirrorless body. Or they don't not want to affect their full frame constant zoom lens sales. Panasonic and Olympus does not have such worries and will continue to produce great lens for m43.

If I will have to choose a APS-C mirrorless, it will be Fuji.

Not all the way.

On another note, you ought to ask Google for answers to such questions...

oh well I do check. But I already state that it have to have screen flip completely facing forward. I did Google and never see anything state that it can flip completely, but I could be wrong, so just asking...who know i missed out something.

But there's WiFi which means you can connect to smart phone and use it to trigger the camera. This feature is much better than a full 180 flip screen for selfies.

is an option, but that means using 2 devices at the same time...personally didn't like it because as nowadays phone batteries don't last that long... thanks for the advice though :)

oh well I do check. But I already state that it have to have screen flip completely facing forward. I did Google and never see anything state that it can flip completely, but I could be wrong, so just asking...who know i missed out something.

is an option, but that means using 2 devices at the same time...personally didn't like it because as nowadays phone batteries don't last that long... thanks for the advice though :)

So look at the nex3 series

Yup. Thanks!!

so far looking at E-PL5, Nex-3n, Nex-5r...

Y are u looking at 3n when u are already considering 5r?
I the end I wanted to choose epl5, but heard that epl6 is coming out, so decided to wait for epl6... But I realize I do not really like the feel of epl series... So now getting OMD

Y are u looking at 3n when u are already considering 5r?
I the end I wanted to choose epl5, but heard that epl6 is coming out, so decided to wait for epl6... But I realize I do not really like the feel of epl series... So now getting OMD

because i prioritise my requirement as follow:
- Camera must have tilt-able display, so that I can take self portrait, looking at the screen.
- Budget around 1k SGD. (less is good)
- Wifi connect to Smartphone would be good, but not a must

so camera that can flip screen 180° is an options to me.

btw come across a deal @ Harvey Norman @ Funan yesterday night,
Samsung NX300 selling S$999
Standard package (kit lens, etc) and many more freebies,
- additional 55-200mm lens
- Electronic Dry cabinet
- Extra Care Protection
- Extra battery
-2 x 8GB SDcard
- tripod
- Bag
- cleaning kit
and a few others can't remember clearly....sounds like a good deal also, with 2 lens... only thing for me is screen cannot tilt 180° to face forwards, though Wifi triggering is an options here. :dunno:

because i prioritise my requirement as follow:
- Camera must have tilt-able display, so that I can take self portrait, looking at the screen.
- Budget around 1k SGD. (less is good)
- Wifi connect to Smartphone would be good, but not a must

so camera that can flip screen 180° is an options to me.

- Electronic Dry cabinet
- Extra Care Protection
- Extra battery
-2 x 8GB SDcard
- tripod
- Bag
- cleaning kit
and a few others can't remember clearly....sounds like a good deal also, with 2 lens... only thing for me is screen cannot tilt 180° to face forwards, though Wifi triggering is an options here. :dunno:

Just a point here, you don't need 180 screen for gd selfies. U can actually do some diy ... Say, sticking a small piece aluminium foil on the front n u can see ur reflections as the framing for selfies

But usually for most of the ppl out there, when they think of camera, they won't think of Sony. They will never consider sony

I think you are referring to the people that don't really understand camera...

- Electronic Dry cabinet
- Extra Care Protection
- Extra battery
-2 x 8GB SDcard
- tripod
- Bag
- cleaning kit

The easiest way was to call up individual recommended shops and ask about the NX300 and its selling price. Then on the freebies they gave out then see if it was worth it to get from Harvey Norman. Sometime you will be surprise that megastore actually did have better deals than recommended shops.

the Samsung camera did they some how copy sony? the design looks about the same the name also about there, NX vs NEX

the Samsung camera did they some how copy sony? the design looks about the same the name also about there, NX vs NEX

Samsung copied everyone's design. There was an article in the past whereby some Samsung designers stated that they were upset that they weren't told to use their own designs but to make copies of other companies' designs :bsmilie: