Sony A7 II

what kind of conditions did you use it in, and did you charge the battery beforehand, or used it right out of the box?

The A7/7II drains battery very quickly. Mine will last about 200 shots/3 hrs, using original batteries. Common problem.

The A7/7II drains battery very quickly. Mine will last about 200 shots/3 hrs, using original batteries. Common problem.

but 50 shots nia. this is not right

any bro here upgraded from A7 to A7 II? Not too sure if $600+ price difference is justified for steadyshot inside aka in body stabilisation, better grip, slightly better AF and what else? But from camera size, Sony A7 II [599 g] weights 21% (125 grams) more than Sony A7 [474 g].

In terms of value for money, nothing beats A7.

However, IMO, the A7 II's controls makes more sense, especially the shutter button placement. Plus the IBIS, I'm really enjoying it especially with manual lenses. I feel AF speed improvement is marginal though.

In terms of value for money, nothing beats A7.

However, IMO, the A7 II's controls makes more sense, especially the shutter button placement. Plus the IBIS, I'm really enjoying it especially with manual lenses. I feel AF speed improvement is marginal though.

Totally agree. After 2 weeks of using the A7II, the biggest plus for me is the IBIS. Most of my lenses are manual, including a Contax 80-200f4 which does not balance too well with the A7/7II. The Mk2 allows about 2-3 extra stops, meaning lower ISO and less noise. With the A7, I would need a monopod to achieve the same.

Is this worth $600? Tough choice but probably, at least for me.

Just my observation that if one is using FE lenses, the battery does seem to drain faster than manual lens, probably because of the 5 axis IBIS for FE lenses and 3 axis for manual lens. If one is using the OLED EVF, the battery drains faster as well.

Just my observation that if one is using FE lenses, the battery does seem to drain faster than manual lens, probably because of the 5 axis IBIS for FE lenses and 3 axis for manual lens. If one is using the OLED EVF, the battery drains faster as well.

The cam also need to power the af motor....

Does the 28-70mm kit lens comes with lens hood?

what is the street price right now

thanks for the info.
maybe should wait for the cash rebate :)

Should be $20xx, still waiting patiently for cash rebate to come, hopefully before Aug.
Hi
Where can I get $20xx? Body only?

Ready hope the cash rebate come early. Need for my trip in June.

Hi
Where can I get $20xx? Body only?

Ready hope the cash rebate come early. Need for my trip in June.

Body only, reputable shops in funan.

what are the power flash that you all using now?

anyone using Gariz half case

shashiki doing a great job but currently Sony Singapore running a promotion of PWP
You will get cheaper price for getting lens, extra battery @39 and others